Wednesday, July 14, 2010

It's going to be a rainy first day of vacation


Conditions at 8:00 - overcast and 20*
Later - 22* and rain


It was a beautiful day yesterday, but today, now that everyone is here, it's going to bucket down rain - something like 20 mm expected. I'm sure they'll find something to do.

Sometime today they're doing a massive search and rescue exercise in the Charlottetown Harbour. If the weather was good it might be an interesting thing to witness, especially since there are three nurses in the crowd! But I'm sure they'll find something to keep themselves busy and out of the rain.

I was supposed to have an interview for a part time job this morning but I got an email from the fellow yesterday afternoon asking if I was available yesterday after 5:00. So I emailed him back and we arranged to meet at 5:30. So after work Meghan and I went over to Victoria Row and sat out on the Patio of Carpe Diem and we split an order of nachos. They were not the best nachos I've ever had, not much toppings and very little cheese. But they filled the gap. I told Meghan if she sat quietly and didn't interrupt while I had my interview we would go to Cows when I was done. She was very well behaved and after the interview was done we got ice cream and a "Haylor Swift" T shirt from the cows store. Patti saw them on the boat and almost bought one - good thing she didn't. The interview went well. In fact he said, I can tell you for sure, you will be hearing back from me. It's a silly little job, handing out samples of wine at the liquor store, but your success is measured by how many bottles of the selected wine are sold. He asked me if I drank wine and I said, yes (of course!). He asked what my favorite was and I said it would have to be Australian Shiraz. He said that was a good answer. He then told me he had already interviewed about 15 people and only about 5 of them could give him the name of a varietal wine. I knew my wine consumption would be good for something one day!

Everybody came over on the 8:00 boat and they arrived at 9:15 so Meghan and I drove out and met them, so they could follow us home. I'm sure they could have found their way but when it's dark, and everyone is tired and had a long day of travelling, it was much easier to just follow someone else.

Meghan had done a "seating plan" for where everyone was going to sleep but we ended up altering it a little. The night before Cooper woke us both up with very loud barking at 2:00 am. My first thought was, OMG, what if he does that when everyone is here. The dogs next door bark a lot at night but he doesn't usually respond to that so he must have heard something else. So we decided that I would sleep in the bunky and take the dog with me. That worked well for everyone.

Last night we were getting everyone organized up stairs when there was a chorus of bloodcurdling screams from downstairs. Apparently Meghan and Dianne witnessed the alleged resident mouse scamper from the kitchen, through the front hall, and into the bathroom. Now when Lloyd was here he saw it several time, but I have yet to see it. I think you people are making this up.

I haven't had a chance yet to talk to Brenda to find out about the Regis and Kelly show yesterday but the weather was warm and they all got in so I'm sure they enjoyed themselves.

There's a funny photo in the paper today of the two of then dressed in Anne hats.


I'm also interested to hear how they liked the Buddy Holly Story. If they highly recommend it, I may have to go and see it, but soon as it's almost finished it's run.

No comments:

Post a Comment