Thursday, July 8, 2010

Sorry for the delay this morning...


Conditions at 9:00 am - 20* and mix of sun and cloud (mostly sun)
Later - 28* and sunny

This morning I was making potato salad, and doing a few last minute things around the house so I was a bit late leaving. When I got to town there wasn't really enough time to go and have coffee and post my blog so I decided instead to head over to Kent and pick up the new pressure tank, especially since I had enough time to do it and I also had the truck. Besides,

I'm picking Patti and the two kids (Meghan and Tristen) at the airport at 1:10 this afternoon. Then they are picking me up at 4:00.

Yesterday afternoon I had my first doctors appointment with my new doctor. He has quite a unique approach and philosophy and it's getting mixed reviews here on the island. There are several negative comments from people on his web site and the receptionist in the dermatologist's office last week said she had heard good things and not so good things, but I like to form my own opinion.

I was seen first by a man who took all kinds of information and input it into the computer. He then left and a little while later Dr. Coull came in. All I can say is I really like him. He sat right beside me, examined my knee, asked me some questions, told me he was changing the anti-inflammatory I was taking and explained why. He questioned me about some other things and I felt very well taken care of. I know it was only my first visit, but the first impression was a very favorable one. I didn't feel rushed or pushed out the door as is so often the case. I have two follow up appointments with other people later in the summer. I like the fact that routine things are being handled by other staff. It only makes sense to have nurses handle procedures that don't really require a doctor. That just frees up time for him to see more people. All in all, I'm happy with his practice and way of doing things so far, but I can see where it might be difficult for people to get past the idea that the doctor has to see you for every little thing.

I got a phone call yesterday afternoon from Meghan (2) to tell me about her horse show. It seems the stable she rides at is participating in bigger show in Campbellville this summer. Every second Wednesday they go to the stable in the morning, get their horses ready, load them into trailers and then they follow them to the show. Patti did suggest to her that this IS a bigger event with lots more kids so don't be expecting to win something every time. Well, apparently she won a 4th prize for grooming, then in the riding classes she won a first prize for walking and another first prize for trotting!
Our little Meghan is turning into quite the equestrian!

CONGRATULATIONS MEG!


No comments:

Post a Comment