Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Someone slept in this morning...

Conditions at 10:00 - 21* and sunny
Later- 26* with a mix of sun and cloud

...and no, it wasn't grandma! It was 7:00 when Meghan got up so I told her to quickly get dressed, we had to go. We just had time to go to Timothy's for a bagel and a coffee and milk before getting to the University. But we made it!

This morning is the second day of Regis and Kelly and let me tell you, this place is just buzzing! Only on PEI could people with such celebrity status just tour around, go into restaurants with their families and have a great time. Apparently Kelly and her husband and kids were at Lot 30 on Sunday night for supper. Her son had caught an 8 pound trout somewhere (but no one is saying where) and Gordon Bailey cooked it for them. One of the guys in our department was at the restaurant on Sunday and was actually sat at the next table. So of course, some conversation took place. It sounds like they are having a great time here. Today's Guardian has a photo of Gordon Bailey from Lot 30 serving some treats to them on the show yesterday.

I was one of those people who was fortunate enough to get tickets and I was going to take Brenda but in the end I decided not to go. A couple of girls from here are going but they're
using vacation time to go and I don't have any. I could go but I'd have to make up the time and I just would rather leave on time. My boss is also away for 3 weeks starting next Monday and we're trying hard to get caught up on stuff before she goes away. I also may have a job interview next week, and I have one tomorrow, so I feel a little guilty about taking the extra time. SO in the end, Brenda is taking her cousin Maureen.
I'm sure they'll have a great time!

Meghan has finished her scrapbook on the Taylor Swift concert. It is absolutely priceless and I've shown it to everyone here at the office and they all LOVE it! Years down the road, it will be a priceless memory. I can't wait to put it on display at her wedding years from now! IT will be one of those things only a Grandmother could possibly get away with!

We talked to Patti last night. They had arrived in Halifax and were on their way to the hotel. They plan to tour the city today and will head out on the ferry tonight. Meghan and I plan to drive down to meet them so they can just follow us home. We'll likely stop in Montague somewhere and pick up something to eat, then head home. It's looking like it might be a great night for a bonfire. Last night was perfect - warm and no wind, let's hope tonight is the same.

Last night I took Meghan out on the road with her bike again and she now has a much better idea of how to use the hand brakes. We didn't try to navigate the driveway again, but stayed, instead, on the pavement. That's one of the joys of our road in the evenings, virtually no traffic. We were out for about 1/2 an hour and not one car went by.

I may have created a monster. I showed Meghan how to post a comment so I suspect there will be a great many for a little while when she gets home, until the novelty wears off.


2 comments: