Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Some much needed rain this morning

Current conditions - 18* and light rain
Later- 22* and more rain


I had to include this note that Meghan left me. It's the funniest thing. I showed her Taylor Swift scrapbook to some of the girls at work and one of them commented how expressive she was for her age She is quite the character.

Today it's raining and a little cooler and I must say it's a welcome relief from the heat. I spent all last evening cutting grass, and trimming around the trees. Then I spent some time with Cooper and his electric collar. He is quickly catching on. He got zapped a couple of times, once when he took off and went through the trees to the neighbours. It was quite a surprise for him and after I got him back into the yard, he wouldn't go near the trees, even on the leash. I wondered this morning how much he would remember and he took off running again but down the side yard towards the road. Again he got zapped and when I got him back, he wouldn't go near the front of the yard. It may take a few days but I think he's catching on. Tonight I'm going to see if I can find one of those brackets that fit onto the bicycle so he can be safely taken along on a bike ride. I had one once before for one of our dogs, but I can't remember which one. If we can get going with it, we could go on rides on the trail. I'm sure there will be a learning curve for BOTH of us.

I was reminded yesterday about the power of the internet to offend some people. I was looking through previous comments and came upon a comment posted by a total stranger who took exception to my observations of our experience at Fisherman's Wharf on July 15th. While I found the service to be an issue I did acknowledge that the food was good. I didn't think it was unreasonable to be unhappy with a 35 minute wait for our chowder and then another half hour wait for our main meal. We were not expecting fast food, as this gentleman suggested, but I thought 2 hours was a little much. Having worked in the food industry, I am usually very slow to complain, I tend to be very tolerant of most things in a restaurant, and I am also very appreciative of how much effort goes into running a food service establishment. But for the over $300 that it cost for the 9 of us to eat, we expected just a little better. I didn't think that expecting someone to clear out table once in a while was asking too much, especially when it is a buffet, and you need to take a new plate each time. It doesn't take long for the plates to pile up. But apparently I was too critical. I'm sure that many, many people will flock to my pathetic little blog to read restaurant reviews, and not sites like trip advisor which features numerous comments from many people, many who were much harsher than I was!
Guess you can't please everyone. But then why would I try? We ARE all entitled to our own opinion ( or so I thought).

3 comments:

  1. As I was at the restaurant with you, I feel the need to comment.
    I fully expected things to be slower than might be usual for the restaurant when we arrived, as it was busy then. However, as you pointed out, it was certainly not full by the time we had waited the first hour. My major complaints were not so much the waiting, but the lack of service. 4 of the 9 people in our group did not get the drinks they ordered, we cleared our own dishes as you pointed out, when 2 of our group arrived a little after the others, they were told they should get their own chowder as the waitress was too busy, and we were never even offered the dessert that comes from the kitchen and is not available at the salad bar! (the strawberry shortcake). As I said, the complaint goes beyond the wait time and to the general lack of SERVICE.

    That's all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally forgot we were supposed to get strawberry shortcake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi How did the interview go? I am off to the DMZ this morning and then Buzon after that. Having a great time.

    ReplyDelete