Tuesday, July 6, 2010

It's raining again ...but it's going to be a great weekend!

I can't believe I left the house this morning without my laptop, so I'm using the computer at Timothy's. Only trouble is it's a Mac and I know nothing about them so it's a bit of a challenge. But I'm here.

Yesterday I was totally wiped out. I slept in till 7:00 but I still dragged my way through the day. I suppose part of the problem is I wasn't extremely busy, so I tended to lose steam. Not that I didn't have things to do, but most of them were 'filler' jobs, you know the ones, the things you don't particularly enjoy doing and they can be put off till you have absolutely nothing to do. Filing seems to come to mind! But I'm even all caught up on that as well.

I did, however, get a pleasant surprise when I got home. There was an envelope in my mailbox with a return address of ABC Productions - YES, I got tickets for Regis and Kelly. I thought for sure they were already sent out and I didn't get any. I can't wait to see if anyone else at the office got them as well. They are for the show on Tuesday.

Last night I got a few things done around the house and I'm just about ready for company. I was trying to decide what to have for supper on Thursday night when Patti's here and then it struck me, like a thunderbolt! Of course, we'll have lobster. I'll make a potato salad on Wednesday night, pick up some mussels on our way home from town on Thursday, and call it dinner. I know Patti will enjoy it and the kids both like lobster and Meghan(2) particularly likes mussels so it's a win/win for everyone. A real treat for them and no fuss for me!


Since we had that conversation about teaching cooking at community school, it's been rolling around in my brain and I've been thinking about simple things we can so from start to finish in two hours. I'll have to draw up a plan and talk to Brenda to see who I should speak to in order to see if it's even possible.

One more tiny bit of good news ( I hope). I've recently applied for a who pile of jobs online and yesterday when I got home there's a message from one of them for me to call, so let's keep our fingers crossed that I at least get an interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment