Friday, July 9, 2010

There's a joker in every crowd!


Current conditions at 7:00 - 20* and sunny
Later - 28* and mix of sun and cloud

Yesterday afternoon I went to the airport to pick up Patti, Meghan and Tristen. When the flight came in Patti and Meghan got off the plane. I asked where Tristen was and Patti said he didn't come as he was at Karate camp. So the three of us girls headed off to get into the car. Just as we were going out the door a voice came up behind me and called my name and said "Sandy, funny running into you here". I turned around and there was James! I wasn't expecting to see him and he quite enjoyed playing a trick on me.

We drove back to the University and Patti and the kids went to the pool to swim till I was finished at 4:00. On our way home we stopped and picked up some mussels, strawberries, pop, and whatever else we needed. When we got home we had dinner, then cleaned up.

After supper Meghan and James took the bicycles out of the tent. They did very well until Meghan wiped out at the end of the driveway. Then James conducted an investigation to find out exactly what happened. The unfortunate victim kept saying, "James, I can just tell you what happened!" It appears that a lack of experience using hand brakes combined with a slight hill and loose gravel all conspired to throw Meghan on the ground, where she sustained multiple injuries, including a scape on her cheek, elbow, back, and shoulder. Further investigation uncovered bicycle tread marks across her butt. What we can't figure out is, how did she run over herself? Now that takes real talent.

But this morning she seems much better. Her cheek (the one on her face) is the only part that still hurts. While she was receiving expert medical attention from her mom, James and I took a drive down to the Spirit Spring where he tossed a small stone into the water and it was quickly swallowed by the bubbling sand.

This morning we all got up early and drove into the airport to drop off James and Patti. When Meghan and I were on our way to Timothy's we saw four foxes beside the road. We stopped and they didn't even run away. One was very brave and when we were opening the car window to take a picture it came right up to the car. I even got out and took a picture and it wasn't scared at all. We know that James will be disappointed to hear that he missed them. Hopefully they'll see more when they come back next week.

And now we are at Timothy's where I'm writing this blog and Meghan is reading it over my shoulder, having just about finished her bagel and chocolate milk. She will be going to the summer camp at UPEI today.

1 comment:

  1. A "slight hill" Well I guess some might call it that but I think it is a pretty steep hill especially with the gravel.

    ReplyDelete