Friday, July 16, 2010

It was an 'Anne' kind of day


Conditions at 7:00 am - a little overcast and 17*


Later - mix
of sun and cloud and a high of 26* but with a bit of wind to cool things off

Yesterday everybody got out there and really enjoyed the lovely day. They spent a lot of time at Avonlea Village and various other spots around the area and then ended up at Brackley Beach. I've never been to Avonlea Village but it sure looks like they had a lot of fun dressing up. It was a little after 7:00 when they got home and I had the supper all ready for them. We wolfed down shepherds pie, Caesar Salad and strawberry short cake for dessert.

I picked up a nice loin of pork that I'll cook tomorrow. I have to cut the lawn tomorrow so I'll send everyone off to play and I'll stay home and do laundry and grass, and cook them a really nice supper. I think I'll do the pork on the BBQ and they want new potatoes. James and Greg are arriving this afternoon so I think I'll bake some lemon pies for dessert tomorrow as well, James' favorite.

John and Sarah are coming back today so we'll all be together tomorrow for their last night here. After supper tomorrow night might be a great time to venture into town and watch the sound and light show. Patti is flying John and Sarah back on Sunday, then returning. It looks like they're going to have great weather for the remainder of their visit. I hope it holds for my friend Suzanne who is coming the first week of August. Last year when she was here, we had a threat of a hurricane, but they still managed to get in some beach days.

Brenda is off to Korea on Monday and it feels like forever since we last saw each other. By the time she gets back, we will both be ready to just chill out. Hopefully we can get some kayaking done in August and we (I mean me) also have to pick up our training walks for the Terry Fox Run in September.

This morning Raymond is coming over to install our new pressure tank. I'm really hoping it makes a difference in our bathroom shower upstairs. It's pretty pathetic right now.

Now I'm off to work. We had some distressing news yesterday. Apparently Rosie was taken to hospital on Wednesday with what they suspect was a mini-stroke. We had chatted just a few days ago about the amount of stress her job was causing her and she truly felt like she was getting burned out. Her son even said that to her. She's home now but they are doing all kinds of tests next week and she's going to be off for a couple of weeks at least. Hopefully she'll be okay and this is just Mother Nature's way of telling her to slow down. Maybe she'll listen this time, cause she sure doesn't listen to us!

1 comment:

  1. Cutting lawn and cooking OR having fun touring ? Hm I know which one I would pick.

    ReplyDelete