Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Welcome back Korea!

Conditions at 7:00 - 16* , overcast and breezy
Expected later - mix of sun and cloud and a high of 20*

It was nice to see that Korea had checked in this morning.I'm so glad to hear that you're enjoying yourself! I knew you would. I can't wait to hear all about your experiences and look at your pictures when you get back. Maybe we need to do a scrapbook of this trip. We could easily work on it together. You KNOW I have all the toys. It will tell the tale and be a wonderful memory for years to come.

I've been giving the community school some thought and I think I might like to try my hand at teaching if it can be worked out. I already have a teacher lined up for guitar, one who lives just down the road from me and lives in a green house. We'll talk about the cooking classes when you get back and we'll see what I have to do and who I need to talk to. I imagine they'll already be working on putting together their program.

This morning I have my interview at Invesco, so keep your fingers crossed! It's another cool morning today and it feels like fall, but the calendar says it's still July. My friend Suzanne is arriving on Monday so I hope it warms up again next week. I know they plan to spend some time at the beach.

I got a nice long email from Petra this morning and she says hi Brenda. She has moved to another house and has changed jobs and is currently on holiday getting ready to go to New Orleans and Atlanta on a tour. Lloyd and I loved New Orleans - the music and the food were amazing and I also have some very fond memories of Atlanta, as does Lloyd.

Cooper is doing a little better with his fence. It's finally sinking in that it hurts when you go where you shouldn't be going! Last night he was outside just walking around when I was cutting the grass out in the back 40 (feet, not acres). I have to say a BIG THANK YOU to the McLean/Dennison/Cardwell rock picking team. They did an amazing job picking up the rocks out there and it's much easier to cut now. There were two especially large rocks that I had to keep cutting around but with their help, they've all been removed. Of course, now I have this pile of rocks beside the shed that I have no idea where to put. I'll have to think of something creative to do with them.

The new season of Mad Men started on Sunday night so I was able to pick up the first episode last night on the computer. I can hardly wait for Lloyd to get down here with his big computer monitor. It will be much nicer to watch things online with that than the tiny laptop screen.

It took me approximately two hours to snip all the seams in Tristen's quilt last night and it's now ready to wash. I'm anxious to see how it turns out. I was tempted to try washing and drying it here but I don't want to risk filling the dryer vent with lint. The last thing I need is for that to catch fire! Let the laundromat deal with that.

Well, it's a pretty boring sort of report today, so I'll sign off and go and get dressed for my interview. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment