Thursday, October 14, 2010

Back to normal - whatever THAT is!



Conditions at 6:00 am - clear and cool - 4*
Expected Later -mix of sun and cloud and 12* - should be a nice day

It's so nice to be back home and into my usual routine. Even Cooper is happier. On Tuesday night, after school, I poured myself a glass of wine and a nice hot bath - the perfect cure-all for anything. When I got out of the tub I sat down on the couch to watch some TV and there was no sign of the dog, who is usually sitting on my lap when I watch TV. When I did go to bed, he was sound asleep upstairs on my bed. When I came in and turned on the light, he barely opened one eye to look at me, then went back to sleep. Apparently he'd had a very stressful weekend.  Last night he was back to his usual self and this morning he's parked himself in his favorite spot - lying in front of the warm wood stove.

Yesterday morning Brenda came and borrowed my car to do some shopping. This system works really well for her. She stays in town after her morning route, comes and gets my car and does her errands, then returns the car early afternoon. If we're really lucky, like we were yesterday, we can time it so that I'm there and can give her a ride back to her bus. It was a bit drizzly yesterday afternoon so it worked very well. Then I just drop her groceries off at her house on my way home. Needless to say, I stayed for supper when I delivered them.  I brought the rest of the bottle of wine I opened on Tuesday and we managed to finish that as well, with our chicken stir fry.  It was an enjoyable Shiraz from Pelee Island - thanks Lloyd !

I lit a fire yesterday morning as it was quite cold in the house on Tuesday night. I filled it up in the morning so the house was nice and warm when I got home last night. I filled it up again last night and this morning it's nice and toasty. I guess fall is really here now.  But we could still have some good weather yet.  It's supposed to rain all weekend and I'm volunteering at the PEI Marathon on Sunday morning so I'd better dig out my warm clothes.  There is even talk of a Nor'easter possibly headed this way and it sounds like quite an event. I did some reading on the weather network yesterday and we could have hurricane force winds with it so I'd better make sure everything is secured before the weekend.

I'm working the next two Saturdays and there's a wedding both days, so it's going to be a bit busy around here. I need to cut the grass at least one more time but it's hard to fit that in as we have no evening left by the time I get home at night. Once the time changes it will be worse. Hopefully it will be nice next weekend and I might be able to get it cut then. Then before we know it, the grass will be covered in snow and then it won't matter!

There's just too much going on around here!

No comments:

Post a Comment