Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Getting ready for Class # 3



Conditions at 6:00 am -  4* and clear
Expected later - 17* and mix of sun and cloud

Just in time for Thanksgiving, we will be having Crock pot stuffing and Beer can roasted chicken.  The recipes will be posted here tomorrow morning.

I got everything ready last night then mixed everything in the crock pot for the stuffing this morning. It will cook a little longer than it's needed by putting it on when I leave, but it should be okay.  If it's a little too dry, we can always add some drippings from the chicken when it's cooking.

Once again we are going to have a gorgeous day. Yesterday was beautiful.  It certainly doesn't feel like fall in the mid afternoons, although it really does in the mornings.

I talked to Lloyd last night and if we're not careful, this could turn into a party. He's invited several people and most are able to make it. I told Patti last night that we're having a party at her house while she's away. Fortunately she was okay with that.  She sent me the link to a youtube video of the Hedley concert she and James were at. The guests come on stage about two minutes into the video and you can see James quite clearly, jumping up and down, as he's the only little kid there. What fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-jh0p-30-M

Saturday will be a busy day. Tristen has hockey at 8:30 in the morning and I really want  to go and see that. Patti and Greg are planning to leave after that. Then Meghan has dance class at 12:30 and James has a hockey game in the afternoon. I'd like to go to that for a while as well, but one of his other team mates is going to pick him up and bring him home, but I will go and watch for a bit. I haven't seen him play since two winters ago. I didn't see him play last year at all. It's hard to believe I've been here almost a year and a half.

We'll have to time our shopping and party prep in between the other activities.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you had fun at your 3rd cooking class.

    meghan[2]

    ReplyDelete