Friday, October 1, 2010

Another busy weekend ahead


Conditions at 6:20 am - clear, windy and 21*
Expected later - 24* and a mix of sun and cloud

Yesterday Brenda called and invited me to supper last night. We enjoyed BBQ steak, roasted potatoes, carrots, salad, cauliflower with cheese sauce - it was delicious.  I cook for myself but I rarely make a whole meal like that so it was really a treat.

This afternoon Brenda's meeting me after work and we're going out for "happy hour" - we usually have a drink and share a couple of appetizers. We haven't done that in a while.  Then Saturday night there's a wedding at the Rec Centre and a spaghetti supper on Sunday to raise money for the playground. Our build day is coming up at the end of October. 

Yesterday morning when I was writing the blog, I called the radio station to answer the trivia question and I got it right. There was a song playing so I wasn't live on the air. We chatted a bit about the question then he asked me where I work. I told him Capital Honda and he said, so you must know Abbey MacPherson from Tuesday's funny phone. I told him how that should have been me and we had a very lengthy conversation about it. Well, after the song was over didn't they play the entire thing on the air. Fortunately I didn't say anything TOO stupid.  So my big prize was breakfast for two at McDonalds. YAY!(not)

There was a huge cruise ship in yesterday. It was one of the largest I've seen, and the guy on the radio, who's station is right beside founders hall, and has a birds eye view of it as it pulls into the harbour, described it like an apartment building pulling in.  We've had ships in pretty much every day this week and at least once, there were three at one time. I've heard that there are three times this fall when there will be three boats in at one time. It really is quite a sight.

When I got home from the VanGaal's last night, I watched Gray's Anatomy but I didn't watch Private Practice as it's just too late. Good thing I didn't as I forgot to set the alarm and I slept in till 6:10 this morning. If I'd stayed up late I really would have slept in.

Yesterday I picked up a lady and as we chatted I learned her and her husband moved here from St. John's. I asked why they left Newfoundland to come here and she said it was because of the weather, and it's just too expensive to get on and off that island. I told her that's why we chose here instead of St. John's and we had a lovely chat.  Her husband is a golfer and they are retired so they are really enjoying it.
I have to say, again, that I'm really enjoying me new job.  Especially on days like this week when the weather is so nice. When I'm by myself, I just open all the window and the sun roof and crank up the radio. Not a bad way to earn a pay cheque.


Speaking of pay cheques, I'd better get going and earn today's.

No comments:

Post a Comment