Thursday, October 21, 2010

We don't want to rub it in but....


Conditions at 6:00 am - 6* and clear
Expected later - 13* and sunny and a low of 9* tonight

Much like yesterday, it looks like we're in for a beautiful day again today. I couldn't help but notice this morning that Guelph has the same 6* temperature but it looks like they are going down to zero tonight and the word "flurries" is in the forecast for tonight. We know it's coming here too, but it's nice to know we're not the first!
I haven't gotten my new winter tires installed on my car yet, but they are at the shop, on reserve.  Jamie and Shawn, in service, told me I could get them put on as of the first of October but suggested I wait. It 's just been too nice to think about winter driving. Yesterday was gorgeous. It was quite warm driving around in the car.
We have a large bulletin board at work where we post newspaper articles about customers or relatives of customers. Some of the articles on there have been there for years and I was told my job was to put up new ones.Paul goes through the paper and puts the articles he wants to see there, on my desk. The whole board is a huge mess, so I asked a couple of days ago if I can take everything off and clean it up. Pam was more than pleased to have me do that. She says she was telling someone how organized I am  and that I'm keeping them in line. I told her it was just another new set of eyes. So yesterday I took everything off, and put up new white bristol board. Now today I'm decorating it a bit and putting up headings so articles are separated into sections. The way they were, you couldn't find anything but now it will be less cluttered. I hope they like it.  I should have taken a picture of it before but I didn't think of it.

I received a really cute list this morning from my friend Helen

            1. I think part of a best friend's job should be to immediately clear your computer history if you die.
2. Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.
3. I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.
4. There is great need for a sarcasm font.
5. How the hell are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?
6. Was learning cursive really necessary?
7. Map Quest really needs to start their directions on # 5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.
8. Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the person died.
9. I can't remember the last time I wasn't at least kind of tired. 
10. Bad decisions make good stories.
11. You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day. 
12. Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after Blue Ray ? I don't want to have to restart my collection...again.
13. I'm always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten-page technical report that I swear I did not make any changes to. 
14. I keep some people's phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call.
15. I think the freezer deserves a light as well. 
16. I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Miller Lite than Kay .
17. I wish Google Maps had an "Avoid Ghetto" routing option. 
18. I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger.
19. How many times is it appropriate to say "What?" before you just nod and smile because you still didn't hear or understand a word they said? 
20. I love the sense of camaraderie when an entire line of cars team up to prevent a jerk from cutting in at the front. Stay strong, brothers and sisters!
21. Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty, and you can wear them forever. 
22. Sometimes I'll look down at my watch 3 consecutive times and still not know what time it is.
23. Even under ideal conditions people have trouble locating their car keys in a pocket, finding their cell phone, and Pinning the Tail on the Donkey - but I'd bet everyone can find and push the snooze button from 3 feet away, in about 1.7 seconds, eyes closed, first time, every time! 
24. The first testicular guard, the "Cup," was used in Hockey in 1874 and the first helmet was used in 1974.
That means it only took 100 years for men to realize that their brain is also important.

No comments:

Post a Comment