Monday, October 25, 2010

A chilly start to the week


At 6:00 am - 1* and clear
Later - 9* and mix of sun and cloud, with rain expected later

It's a very frosty morning this morning, but finally the winds have died down. They gusted up to 50 km all weekend long but finally last evening they finally subsided.  Friday was a lucky day for Brenda and me as we found green tomatoes so were able to make the pickles. I picked them up in town on Friday morning and after supper Brenda and I met at her place to cup up the tomatoes and onions and let them sit overnight. Then on Saturday, after work, we again met to cook and bottle our chow. Lloyd will be pleased to know I now have 12 jars waiting for him when he gets here at Christmas to enjoy.
We finished just in time to leave for the Rec Centre to help with the wedding.  There was a bottle drive going on Sunday morning but I opted to decline to participate as I felt I needed a day for myself. So when I got up on Sunday, I had nothing pressing, and it was a great feeling. I got several little jobs done around the house, had time for a nap and then a movie in the evening.
On Saturday morning I went to Canadian Tire on my way to work to pick up some canning jars and I also picked up a medicine cabinet for the downstairs bathroom.  I found one that's wood (well, it looks like wood) and it hangs on the wall. Of course, it needed to be assembled so I did that first thing on Sunday morning and hung it on the wall. It's so much more functional for than the tiny shelf that was there and I didn't have to make a whole in the wall to do it.

Sunday morning was my first coffee at Richard's store. When I got there at 10:00 Brenda was already there along with 4 other people so hopefully it will become a regular Sunday morning event. 

Last night Brenda  was kind enough to go with me to City Cinema. It's so much like the Bookshelf in Guelph or the Elora Gorge Cinema that we used to go to once in awhile. They were showing the movie "Nowhere Boy", about he boyhood years of John Lennon. I already pretty much knew the whole story as I've read a lot of books about all the Beatles, but it was very well done. I really enjoyed and so did Brenda.  I really like that small theatre format, it only has around 60 seats and it's has a neat atmosphere.
I will definitely go there again. I also like the movies that they tend to show, usually different films than the ones you get at the big theatres.

I've tried to email an old friend, Michael Lamport, but the email bounced back so I'm not sure if I copied the address wrong off the business card. I did locate his website but individual email addresses are not on there so I went in to try to connect via linkedin. I had never used this before and it appears it may be like a facebook or twitter type of thing. I've already gotten a lot of messages just saying I'm connected to people so I may or may not stay on it.  I'll give it a week or so and see how clogged up my email gets.  Although I did get a message this morning from Sandra, who works with Lloyd and I did send a reply to her. They are soon going to be 'neighbours' as they are planning to retire in Nova Scotia, but I'm not sure if she retires before or after Lloyd.
Well, have a great Monday everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment