Friday, October 8, 2010

A difficult decision



Conditions at 6:30 - very windy, as it has been all night and 9*
Expected later -11* and variable cloud

Last night I got some tragic news about some friends of ours. I wrestled with whether or not to write anything about it this morning and I won't go into details, as I know that Rose reads this from time to time but I just want her and Scott to know how deeply sorry I am for their loss and I am thinking of them constantly. I can't imagine how one copes with a situation such as this, but please call on Lloyd for anything at all, he truly wants to help out in what ever way he can.

I'm all ready to fly to Toronto tonight. The last time I checked there were 4 open seats on the flight out tonight, so lets hope that continues. If I don't get on that one, I'm not sure if there's a later one or not but we'll see what happens. Worse case scenario, I take a flight first thing in the morning, although I think I looked at that one and it's pretty full. Just have to think positive.

Lloyd has been over to Patti's to make sure the BBQ is working, and I questioned whether or not he still wanted to go ahead with the BBQ and he says yes. Dave, the service manager from work, takes the shuttle home at night and he's going to drop me off at the airport right after work. Then I can just take a cab over to the dealership when I get in on Monday.

I learned something new the other night when I was talking to Lloyd. There's a parking lot at the airport in Toronto called the cell phone lot. The idea is vehicles can go there and wait to get the phone call from the person they're picking up to say they are ready to go.  Gone are the days of circling around the airport until the person gets outside, or parking in the garage and walking 3 miles to the terminal. I had no idea such a thing existed and it's a great idea.  They even have a place there where you can get a coffee or a snack while you're waiting.

Well, I have to drop Cooper off at the kennel this morning and I'm leaving a bit early so will sign off.

No comments:

Post a Comment