Friday, December 10, 2010

It's really quite sad


Conditions at 5:30 am - snowing and -6*
Expected later - windy, flurries and -2*

As we are busy getting ready for Christmas and collecting all the right gifts, the radio station is collecting gifts for children who may not otherwise have any. At this point it appears they are in need of gifts for teenagers so each day they read off what individual kids have asked for as a gift for Christmas. I have to say, it brings tears to my eyes each time I hear one of them because our kids have NO idea how lucky they are. Last week one boy was wishing for  a hockey stick, another for a winter coat. Yesterday a teenage girl wanted a pair of slippers (size 6 please) and a curling iron. I want to go out and buy all of these things and more. I will be going shopping today to get something from the radio station list.
********************************************
This morning we have a slight skiff of snow on the ground and snow is falling. But that is going to be short lived as we are expecting rain and 7* and VERY HIGH winds on Monday again. They've just said on the radio that it might be another storm surge and the bridge could get closed again, so if you have any travel plans on Monday, you might be better to go on Sunday. Sunday is supposed to be sunny and 3* so it should be nice, but I really need to stay home and work. Last night I cleaned up my sewing stuff, so that's a big step.  I just need to finish the rest of the cleaning, finish the Christmas decorating, as I only have the tree up, and bake my cookies for Tuesday. I had hoped that Craig could work for me on Saturday but he has an exam on Monday so that's not an option for him. But it will get done, it usually does. I also have to figure out what to make for food for Tuesday night. I have a couple of finger food ideas I'll use. We'll also have some punch and of course, cookies! I'm really looking forward to it and seeing everyone again.
*********************************************
I was talking to Lloyd yesterday and advised him that I've invited Donna and Brenda over for supper on Sunday  the 19th. He asked what we were having to eat and I told him it depended on what he wanted to cook. I suggested that the three of us plan to sit in the living room and sip wine, while he cooks supper for us! He was more than happy to agree to do that. In fact, by the end of the conversation, he even had the menu planned. Flights are looking a little sketchy at this point, but hopefully he'll be here by then. If he doesn't get here, we'll just have to cook it ourselves, but that's okay. Hopefully he'll make it on Friday as planned.
**********************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment