Thursday, December 23, 2010

Took a day off


Conditions at 6:00 am - rain and high winds (still) and 4*
Expected later - more of the same

Yesterday morning Lloyd and I left home early in the morning and went to the grocery store at 7:00 and sailed through and got everything on our list. Then later in the morning, I had to drive a lady to Stratford, so a quick stop at the liquor store on my way back, and I'm all done!!! Last night we attempted to finish wrapping everything only to have the power go out. After sitting in the dark for a while, we finally went to bed.
Then, around 11:00 I was woke up by the phone. It turns out the power was back on. It was Patti calling to tell me they were in Halifax. A quick check of  flypei.com this morning shows that so far the flight from Halifax should be on time. It's still really windy but flights were coming and going all day yesterday so I guess those guys can fly in almost anything. It might not be pretty, but at least they'll get here.
I'm looking forward to having everyone here. I wish we had snow but it looks like it might not be raining on Sunday so maybe we can at least go for a walk on the trails in the woods. The weather network is saying - at this point anyway- that we should get 15 cm of snow on Monday. That could be interesting.
************************************************
Today is my last day and I have the next four days off. I'm so looking forward to that. It will be nice to have the time off when they guys are here. I hope to bake some cookies tomorrow and we're going to have a special dinner to commemorate James' birthday which was yesterday. Tonight Patti is going to meet me at work and we're going to finish her shopping and then have something to eat in town before heading back. I hope to not have to go into town tomorrow at all because it will be a zoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment