Monday, December 20, 2010

We're going to get a storm so it must be Monday!


Conditions at 6:30 am - overcast and -2*
Expected later - 2* and heavy rain and wind starting tonight

For the third Monday in a row we are bracing for heavy rain and strong winds once more. We have THREE weather warnings for tonight - heavy rain, strong winds and storm surges.
Hopefully it won't cause too much havoc for those traveling back to the island ie: The VanGaals and the Dennisons. Fortunately Lloyd made it home with no problems on Friday. He was able to catch the morning flight and caught the bus from Moncton with no trouble. Then I picked him up at the end of the day.
I had to work on Saturday so he  drove me to work then picked me up after so we could go to the Globe to listen to some music and have a beer and an appetizer (or three). Then we came home, got changed and then headed back into town to our staff party. It was a pleasant enough evening but the food really was terrible. Needless to say we won't be going back there again but it was nice to get everyone together. A few of the boys would be suffering on Sunday, that was fairly obvious but I think a good time was had by all.
We left around 10:30. I had to leave while my head could still fit through the door. Everyone kept coming up to us and telling Lloyd how great a job I was doing - it was getting a little embarrassing.
Sunday morning I got up and made a batch of chocolate chip cookies so Lloyd could take them to the store for coffee, then I made a batch of bread. In order to make room for the bread in the freezer, I had to take out a big chicken that was in there so we invited Richard and Daralen over for supper. I baked cookies in the morning then spent the afternoon tidying up the kitchen and getting ready for supper, as well as taking the dog for a little walk out back.. I didn't get as many cookies baked as I had hoped but I did get some done. Maybe the kids and I can do some more later in the week.
We had a lovely evening with the Andersons and now it's Monday once again, but it will be a short week as I have Friday off.  Donna is coming over for supper tonight and Lloyd is cooking for us. He's heading into town this morning to shop.

Nicely done James:
I got an email from Patti with a photo of him playing guitar in his first public appearance with his instructor. He said he has never been so nervous but apparently he did just fine. The photo is a little blurry but it's a wonderful memento of a special occasion. I look forward to having him play for us on Lloyd's guitar when he gets here.

No comments:

Post a Comment