Thursday, December 9, 2010

It's such a small world, especially here on the island.


Conditions at 5:30 - partly cloudy and -6*
Expected later - mix of sun and cloud and -2*

I can't believe when  I go online to the weather network and see how much snow has fallen in London Ontario.That's insane!  Everyone thought I was crazy for  moving here because of the winters, but so far we're doing much better than other parts of the country.We have only had snow twice and both times it was only about 2 inches, and it was gone in a couple of days. I know it's coming but for now we are enjoying the lack of.
*********************************************
Yesterday I was driving a young man to the Sherwood Medical Centre. Turns out he is a doctor and he's only been on the island for one month. He moved here from Guelph. He was there for 3 or 4 years and also worked in Buffalo, New York. He said he came here to see what life was like in the Maritimes. He said he thought he is single and it's the best time to travel around and experience the whole country. Right now he's filling in for another doctor and is looking after his patients. When I picked him up we chatted a bit more and he asked if I knew Dr. Ben in Guelph. Well, I've never met Dr. Ben but I know him by reputation. I know he is very well respected and very popular with his patients. Turns out this young man is Dr. Ben's nephew. 
Small world.
**********************************************
Yesterday morning I had three people in the car, one man and two women. Of course lately I always ask people if they're ready for Christmas and yesterday it launched into a lively discussion about he difference between what women have to do and what men have to do to get ready for Christmas. But it was all fun and laughter and I hope that in some small way I'm delivering people to work in a happy frame of mind and starting their day off on a high note.
************************************************
Last night when I got home I had some sewing to do to finish up a couple of little projects I'm working on to add to my Christmas decorations. So I changed into my comfy pajamas  and started sewing right after work. Needless to say the house is still a huge mess with stuff everywhere. Around 8:30 Brenda called to see if I was still up and could she come over for coffee, on the way home from her meeting. I said yes, but I would only let a true friend in the door under those conditions. I did warn her that the house was a mess and I was in my PJ's but that was okay with her. So she came over and we had some nacho chips and salsa and a glass of wine, just because we could. She has talked to Bernie and Caitlyn and it gets quite cold at night where they are so they've been staying in hotels  as it's too cold to sleep in the camper. But it sounds like they're having a great time. It's hard to believe it will soon be two weeks since he left and before we know it, they'll be back.
***************************************************
Yesterday morning while driving some customers, there was a John Lennon tribute on the CBC radio station. One of the customers in the car mentioned that one of the bars downtown usually gathers a collection of local artists and they have a Lennon tribute night on the Friday night of the week of the anniversary of his death. I told him I was sorry to hear that as I have curling on Friday night at 8:00 and won't finish till 9:30 and it would be after 10:00 before I'd be able to get into town. He said they wouldn't likely start playing till at least 10:00 or 10:30 so I'm a little tempted but I do have to work on Saturday morning, so it's probably not a great idea, but........

No comments:

Post a Comment