Friday, September 7, 2012

Friday, September 7th - the sausage making career comes to an end

It's  still a little drizzly this morning and the temperatures is hovering around 16'. It should clear somewhat later and go up to 21'.

So, it turns out today is Lloyd's last day as a sausage maker. He's taking tomorrow off, which was to be his last day, and begins his new job on construction on Monday morning bright and early. He starts at 7:00 so he'll be leaving home now before I will and getting home around the same time as he is now, around 6:30. They'll be longs days and he'll be really exhausted for the first little while but he'll get used to it.  The hours are longer - 7 to 6 but he'll have Saturday and Sunday off so he can work on his garage.  Hopefully this will work out for him. I  know he'll be busy and the time will go by much faster.

The Van Gaals should be arriving in Iceland sometime this morning so I'll have to sign onto Lloyd's facebook account to see how things are progressing. We don't actually have access to facebook at work but I should receive my new phone today with wifi capability so I'll be able to check facebook  at lunch time on my phone, and of course, when I get home.

Not much else is new here. I stopped by a neighbours on the weekend to drop off a card and I was given several very large zucchinis.  I spent a good part of the early evening on Wednesday grating them and I ended up with 22 cups. So I packaged it all in 2 cup portions and froze all but one of them. Last night I tried a recipe for a chocolate zucchini cake that turned out well, but it's very rich so a little goes a long way - which may not be a bad thing. I'm going to spend some time doing some baking of things like that this weekend so I can portion them and put them in the freezer then they are ready to take in a lunch box. Lloyd has to bring his lunch to his new job so we'll have to adjust to packing his lunch each day. I suppose he'll also have to have breakfast before he leaves in the morning as well.  That might be a good thing to start some healthier eating habits.

Our friend Linda, who is the sister of our friend Stephan, is on the island. She and her friend Joyce arrived on Wednesday and are here for just under 3 weeks. We connected by phone yesterday and they're coming over for supper on Saturday. She hasn't been here since the summer of 2009 so she may notice a couple of changes around the place!  They are going deep sea fishing on Saturday during the day and hope to bring some mackerel for our supper. She had really good luck the last time she was here so hopefully the same will happen this time. The weather should be good on Saturday. But I'll have a back up plan just in case the fishing doesn't go so well!

 

1 comment:

  1. Hello from Groningen NL. Having a great time Good weather Have to go write in my Journa

    ReplyDelete