Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Wednesday, September 5th - be careful what you wish for!

Right now it's an overcast 17' heading for 22' later on but the big news is the rain. There's a warning on the Weather Network this morning indicating that the eastern end of the island could potentially receive up to 65 mm of rain. That's a lot of rain!   We were wishing for rain, but perhaps not quite this much.

Not much to report this morning. I finished hemming the kids pants for a girl at work last night so that job can be crossed off my list. Lloyd picked up his new compressor yesterday as our old one had something wrong with it and the part he needed to fix it cost almost as much as a new one, so that's what we decided to do. Of course, now that he has the tools needed to get started on the garage, it's likely going to rain for days on end. But hopefully not.  It's so far looking like the weekend might be a little better.

I finally got all my bank and credit cards replaced - or at least in the process. Most have to come by mail but at least my PC bank card could be replaced at the kiosk so all is well. I tried to cancel my cell phone yesterday and realized that it's virtually impossible. Each person who tried to talk you into another plan, gave up and passed you up the ladder to the next one. By the time I got to the last one, I ended up with a far superior phone to the one I have, for less money than I'm paying now. I may have been able to do even better if I'd kept saying no, but I had to get back to work, as I was on my lunch hour.

I talked to the kids last night and it sounds like they all had a great first day of school. James was excited about starting at a new school but also a little apprehensive as well. He says it went well, and was surprised at how many kids he actually knew so it sounds like he got off to a great start. Tristen and Meghan also had great first days as well. 

They enjoyed their trip to Washington in spite of getting drenched by rain one evening.  Hopefully they took lots of pictures.  James enjoyed the view from the airplane, as he could see all the sights at one time.



One more sleep and the Van Gaals head off to Holland. It's going to be a great time for them but a pretty quiet time around here! Maybe we'll get some work done if we don't have anyone to go out and play with! Hopefully we'll have some progress to show off when they get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment