Monday, September 24, 2012

Monday, September 24th - missed her by 17 minutes!

I opened up the blog and saw that a visitor had been here from Iceland just 17 minutes ago - BRENDA  - COME BACK!!!
It's a coolish 11' this morning at 5:40 and we should reach a high of 17' later today with perhaps the odd isolated shower.

So the travelers should be back sometime late this evening. Hope they have an uneventful trip to Halifax and then over to the island by car from there. Looking forward to seeing and hearing all about their experiences.

It was a quiet but productive weekend after all. We were supposed to get heavy rain all weekend but that only came in spurts in the end. Lloyd was able to work outside pretty much all day on Saturday. I worked until 2:00, attended a sewing class in town from 3:00 to 6:00 and then raced back to Fort Augustus to serve at a wedding. It was dicey whether or not I was going to make it on time. They were scheduled to eat at 6:15 but we know these things are never right on time. That's what I was hoping for this time. I made it just in the nick of time as they were just getting ready to say grace when I got to the kitchen. There was a distinct almost cheer when I walked in because there aren't very many people who like putting out the plates. But we're finally getting them educated. This time I had 3 helpers to clear plates so that was really nice to see. I didn't stay to have a drink, I just took my carrots and rolls and left. I was home around 9:30.

Lloyd told me he had been able to work outside until around 5:00 before it started to rain so that was a good thing.

I know this sounds crazy, but I spent Sunday excitedly doing laundry for pretty much the entire day! I did all the clothes, then bedding, then blankets that had been stored, pretty much anything I could find that needed washing got the treatment. What a pleasure to have enough water again! Like I said before, it's the little things we take so much for granted.
The last nail in the last wall, now all waiting to be put upright

Again it was a bit wet early in the morning but was starting to dry up early. So Lloyd headed outside to finish up the last two walls. It still doesn't look like much but all the walls are finished. He worked out there pretty much all day then came in and had a shower and something to eat around 2:30. Then he went back out to cut some grass and I split a little bit of wood but had to quit when he needed to cut the back yard as my extension cord was in the way. I got a few little jobs done that have been waiting around for a while so it was a pretty productive day for both of us.

When Lloyd was cutting the grass, he discovered dozens of these bright yellow  mushrooms out on the lawn.
Some of them were at least 5 or 6 inches across the top. They were huge! No idea what kind they are
but there were certainly lots of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment