Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Tuesday, September 25th - 3 months to Christmas Day!

It's a cooler 11' this morning and we should reach a sunny 17' later - perfect weather for those who are working outside. It looks like it rained most of the night - it was raining when I went to bed and it was still quite wet but had stopped when I got up at 5:00. Now things are drying up quite nicely.

Not much to report today other than Brenda and Bernie are home! They arrived in Halifax last night and the text message I received around 9:15 was "in the car, on our way to Tim's". Welcome home guys.
I'm looking forward to hearing all about their trip and seeing the pictures but I know that will have to wait for a few days to let them get over a wee bit of jet lag they will no doubt experience.

Tonight is our second cooking class but I'm not expecting Brenda to be there. If she does turn up, that will just be a bonus. Tonight we're doing a slow cooker meal that the left overs can be used to create a totally different meal - cook once, eat twice. It's pretty hard to demonstrate a slow cooker meal in class just by the nature of the beast. So we're doing it this way instead. The first meal is simmering away all day and ready to eat when we get there, then we will work on the second one so small portions will be the order of the evening.

I received a link to my friend Jana's blog yesterday. She and Scott are having a wonderful time touring Ireland. The scenery looks wonderful, I can't wait to visit one day.

Jana and Scott in Ireland - it's so wonderful to see them have this opportunity

Okay, I'm going to end off here because a) I have to get ready for work and b) I really don't have anything to write about this morning.
One thing I did miss yesterday but he wouldn't have seen it as it was a travel day so I've put it in today
Happy Belated Birthday to Bernie!




No comments:

Post a Comment