Friday, September 14, 2012

It's another pleasant morning with 16' moving up to 23' later that will feel like 27'.
Pretty much a carbon copy of yesterday. Amazing weather for this time of year.

The weekend is almost here and it's looking like a nice weekend coming up. There should be some progress on the garage this weekend, at least a start. He's hoping to get at least one wall done tomorrow.
The new job is going very well, although he's pretty tired when he gets home but it's a good tired. A couple more weeks and he should be a little more used to it.

Earlier in the week James went to school early in the morning for football tryouts. Patti and I both got a bit of a chuckle out of that one because he's such a skinny little kid. But it's touch football so maybe speed will be his friend. Then yesterday I got a text message from Patti that they had suspended all extra curricular activities due to a dispute between the government and the teachers.  Unfortunately the students are the ones that get caught in the cross fire. This was a great welcome to the public school system, after having spent all his life in private school.

But we can see that the private school up to grade six has been worth every penny. Patti sent me this message:

"I had to laugh, though because apparently at recess some of the kids were blaming Stephen Harper, so James said he felt it necessary to point out to them that the education system is run by the provincial government, which is led by Dalton McGuinty, a Liberal. Harper is a Conservative, so they should all go home and suggest to their parents that they should vote Conservative in the next provincial election."

Did I mention that James is 11 years old???

Patti said "Yeah, he was telling me this like it was the most normal thing in the world. I didn't want to point out to him that he is probably well on his way to being labelled a nerd"

So be it - he might be  a nerd but he's our nerd and we love him. And let's face it, the nerds will pretty much run the world one day - I just wish he was here to help me with the learning curve that is my iphone! I could use a resident nerd (oh, wait, I have one of those now!).

Yesterday, I was talking with one of the customers who regularly comes in for service. While he's there he usually stops by my desk to chat for a few minutes. He's an older gentleman and is very active. He's an avid bicyclist and always brings his bike on the back of his car and goes biking while the car is being serviced.  Yesterday we somehow got onto airplanes and it turns out he owns a bed and breakfast up near St. Peter's and is the only fly-in B&B on the island.  He knows the Guelph airport quite well and has flown into it many times years ago. When I was telling Lloyd about him, he thinks he met his son in Guelph at the airport, so we'll have to go for a visit sometime so they can compare notes.


No comments:

Post a Comment