Thursday, September 27, 2012

Thursday, September 27th - a quiet day today

It's raining and 16' as I'm letting the dog outside (reluctantly) and it's going to clear up later this morning with just isolated showers but the temperature is going to go down to 13' as well. We can't complain though as it was supposed to go down to 4' in southern Ontario last night! We've not been near that cool as yet. Good thing , because I still haven't gotten my chimney cleaned from last year, although I am on the list so it should happen soon!

Not really much to write about this morning. Yesterday was a busy but productive day at work for me and also for Lloyd. He wasn't expecting to be working for the entire day but in the end that's exactly what he did. He's off now for a few days, probably until next Tuesday or Wednesday so it will give him some time to work on his building. He got a price for manufactured trusses for his roof but has decided to build them instead - gotta love that sweat equity! Now with this new job and the odd bit of time off, it makes it more feasible. Hopefully the weather will cooperate. It's not looking too great right now for the weekend but they were wrong last week so maybe they'll be off again this time.

Yesterday morning  I made a salad to have for supper because it needed to be chilled for at least two hours. I came across the recipe online somewhere and thought I would give it a try. It's a lot like a potato salad but uses cooked cauliflower instead of potatoes. I took it out of the fridge when I got home while I got the rest of the meal going. I tried a taste and that was it! I just kept going back for more every time I passed the bowl on the counter. When Lloyd got home, he did the same thing. This is definitely one of those dishes I will make again. Check it out : Cauliflower Salad

I know fall is definitely here. Last night I had a couple of new fall TV shows taped so after supper I went upstairs and got into my comfy fuzzy jammies and curled up in front of the TV with the trusty dog on my lap (of course!) and Lloyd in his jammies in his comfy chair. Yup - fall is definitely here!

No comments:

Post a Comment