Thursday, September 6, 2012

Thursday, September 6th - now this is really embarrassing

It's a drizzly 17' this morning but should clear up soon and make it to 20' later. There's a chance of showers this afternoon but nothing too significant. Yesterday it poured all day so hopefully it was enough to drench the crops that  are still in the ground.

Well, this is very embarrassing.  I've always thought Greg's birthday was on September 6th. I even have that date in my calendar on my email account.  For some reason, I sent Patti a message yesterday to confirm that it was indeed the 6th and she replied, ha ha ha - no  it was on the 4th.  I was going to blame it on post traumatic stress syndrome from my swim across the eel infested river, but that's really not the truth - I just got mixed up. So, a very big belated Happy Birthday to my son in law, who celebrated a special birthday on Tuesday! Apparently he wasn't really thrilled to see this one come along but look at it this way - some things improve with age - fine wines, great cheese, etc - you're approaching magnificent! Hope it was a happy one!

 




We had some delicious raspberry pie and ice cream with  tea at their house last night and Brenda says they'll be able to follow the blog while they are away. Trouble is I'll be scrambling to find something to write about while they're away as I won't have anyone to go out and play with! But there should be some construction going on and Lloyd will be starting a new job next week so we'll try our best to keep them in the loop.

No comments:

Post a Comment