Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Tuesday, September 4th - short and sweet this morning

The sky is pink and hazy over the river this morning with 14', heading for a sunny 24' later that will feel like 28' - I thought we were finished with all of that!

Lloyd made it home at 1:30 this morning and as a result I've slept in a little bit ( well, actually a lot!). Fortunately after our adventures on Sunday, Monday turned out to be pretty quiet. Brenda arrived bright and early yesterday morning and what a perfectly gorgeous morning it was. So we made some coffee, put it into travel mugs and went for a walk - we figured we were pretty safe with that activity!

After she left, I did a couple of little things around the house, laundry and stuff, then set about hemming some kids pants for someone at work. I have most of them done, just three left, but I didn't have the right colour of thread to finish them so they'll have to wait till tonight. Good thing for me school doesn't start until Thursday for the kids here on the island. Today and tomorrow are professional development days for the teachers.

Last night we had a function at the Rec Centre and they wanted us there at 4:00. We dutifully arrived and ended up sitting on the steps outside until 4:45 before we could get in.  Not to worry, we still had ample time to get everything ready in time. Because it wasn't a wedding, they were all gone by 8:00 and we were finished cleaning up by 10:00.

I thought Lloyd was coming in on the 12:30 pm flight and when he wasn't home by 1:15 I shut off the lights and assumed he hadn't made the flight. I'd gone to bed around 10:30 but woke up several times, checking to see if he was home yet. Then at 1:30 I heard the car pull into the driveway.

He had a good trip, fairly productive and he was happy with the progress that was made. Patti and Greg and the kids got back from Washington around lunchtime yesterday and apparently a good time was had by all, although I haven't talked to any of them yet. I did have  a message from Meghan on the phone when I got home at 10:00 but I didn't call her back. I'll likely talk to them tonight. Lloyd says that James hung out with him at the airport all afternoon observing the assembly of the plane. I'm sure he enjoyed that, then he went out for supper with Lloyd and a couple of friends. Lloyd said they were very impressed by James - but who wouldn't be! Okay, maybe my opinion is a little bit biased, but it is in the Grandmother's Job Description!

No comments:

Post a Comment