Thursday, September 20, 2012

Thursday, September 20th - new beginnings

Right now (5:30 am) it's not raining and the pavement outside is dry but it rained quite a bit last night. The wind was pretty high yesterday but it seems to have eased off for now.  It's 12' this morning and we're only going to reach 15' later with lots more rain expected over the rest of the day and maybe right up till Sunday.

Not much going on right now at our house, at least. Lloyd ended up working yesterday even though he thought he might have the day off as they were between jobs and it was expected to maybe rain but it turned out okay. We're not sure about today at this point. He doesn't find out till 6:00 am.

I received a text message from Meghan last night. Each year her mom goes on a shopping trip with her mother-in-law, sister-in-laws and some other ladies. The mix varies from year to year. I used to have to pleasure of being part of that group when I lived in Ontario. This year Meghan is going with them for the first time so she's pretty excited about that. So in an effort to raise some spending money for the trip, the first week of November, she's trying her hand at Dog Walking and also dog sitting, should someone need that service. In her text message she mentioned that she even has a 'sing', but I'm assuming she means 'sign'. I asked her how much she charges for Dog Walking and she replied $5.00 for 20 minutes or maybe longer. So I've put in my order for 6 dogs walks the next time she's here on the island. She's to send me some gift certificates so I can redeem them when she's here. Cooper will be very happy with that. So this will be a new adventure for her.

I also received a video a couple of days ago from Patti, of James who is back at guitar lessons again this fall. He wanted to know if I could recognize the piece he was working on and I knew it after about 3 notes:

Here's James' version:



... and the original:




As Patti said, It's a work in progress but a good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment