Wednesday, December 21, 2011

 

Conditions at 5:20 am:  -11' and overcast but heading for +1' this afternoon and warming up to +4 by late tonight with rain in the forecast

The fuselage (upside down)


Well, I don't know if Lloyd will be here this morning or not. It was looking a bit sketchy yesterday as to whether or not he was going to get into Halifax, but if he did, he'll be here on the first flight this morning. I told him to email me but he hasn't so I have no idea where he is right now. But as he always says, 'it is what it is'.



The engine




One more detail from my trip to Guelph. I asked Lloyd to take me out to the airport so I can see how far the plane has progressed. It still looks like it's a VERY long way from being an airplane but he assures me that the really time consuming stuff is inside the wings. Right now it's being covered in a fabric, that gets coated with something and then eventually it all gets coated again in a final exterior material (I think). Here are some pictures of the progress s far.



One of the wings, the second  is in the background


It's been a mighty slow process, over four year now. But he assured me the end is in sight. His little yellow plane is in Fergus so I wasn't able to take a picture of that one to share here.



I can't believe Christmas is so close. I really don't have anything left to do except wrap Lloyd's gifts and do the grocery shopping. I still need to plan the menu for Christmas day and figure out what I'm making for New Years Eve. But Lloyd has a couple of things he wants to make and I'll be working Wednesday to Friday (I'm going to see about maybe getting New Years Eve off ) so he'll have the whole kitchen to himself.

Monday night I was a little down and Brenda saved the day by dropping in and having a wee glass of wine with me. It was good to have someone to talk to. Then last night she called before I left work to advise she had made bread yesterday and to stop in on my way home to pick some up. I had an appointment to get my bangs trimmed so I did that first and then stopped by. She had invited me to supper but I had said no. Of course when I got there, they had just finished and were still at the table so I was suitably fed as well.

I was reading Jana's blog yesterday and I totally forgot that her and Scott's wedding anniversary is in December. They shared a romantic meal in the hospital and exchanged some pretty nice gifts from the sounds of it. The good news is she was going home yesterday. They've been able to stabilize her meds and she'll have lots of care at home. She sounds so happy to be leaving the hospital, but then who wouldn't be. They are waiting on additional tests from the biopsy that will give them more  information, and the results might be here by the end of the week. Hopefully it will be positive news. We're all praying for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment