Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Tuesday, December 13th - 2 more sleeps


 
 



Conditions at 5:30 am: clear skies and -5 heading for a high of +5 and a mix of sun and cloud later - maybe a bit of snow tonight as we dip back into freezing temperatures

Assorted cookies in the box
How cute is this cookie box?
Can it really be so close to Christmas?  I'm busy getting my act together to go to Guelph and it will be Christmas Day for us on Friday. I did laundry last night so I can pack everything tonight. I also made another batch of cookies last night. I had 3 kinds and I needed one more. I've been reading Jana's blog and she is surrounded by people who are bringing her lots of gifts - flowers, spiritual items, etc and I thought, I can't go to visit empty handed. But what could I possibly bring? Then I decided the only thing I can do is what I do best - and always did for her - bake something. Then the dilemma was how to get baking there? My immediate thought was a covered container of some sort but I didn't want just an ordinary tin or tray. Then yesterday while I was out looking for cards for the kids, I found this perfect little cardboard box. I used some pieces of cardboard I had at home to make a divider and I had some Christmas cellophane treat bags as well. So I put the bags into the box and then carefully inserted the cookies. I can put the box into a bag and carry it on the plane. I think this will work and it's ever so cute.
I was talking to Patti last night and one of the teachers who is very key to the whole school production suddenly lost her father on Sunday. The funeral is on Thursday, the same day as the play and the other teachers and parents involved in the play met and were unsure how to proceed. Wanda is an important part of the planning and organizing. When the others met there was some thought about moving the date of the play to next week Patti immediately jumped in and said, no, we really can't do that! Fortunately the other parents agreed with her. So the show will go on as planned.

She thought about telling Tristen and Meghan before I get there,  but we decided in the end we'll just keep it a secret. I can't wait to see the look on his and Meghan's faces when they see me sitting in the front row! She figures it may just throw him completely for a loop but we decided, what the heck. Let's go with it. Knowing Tristen, he'll put everything he has into his dance moves once he knows there's a special guest in the audience!

I got a nice email from both Meghan (1) and Caitlin - they both really enjoyed the video wishes I sent them.

I'm sure they won't mind it I share it with all of you!

http://sendables.jibjab.com/view/dNpfarhontQ3HV00

1 comment: