Thursday, December 22, 2011

Thursday, December 22nd - Happy Birthday James!

 


Conditions at 5:15 am: 5' and overcast, heading for 6' and rain this morning, with sun and cloud this afternoon


A big Happy 11th Birthday to James this morning! I'm so glad I was able to spend a bit of time with them on the weekend. Not sure what the plans are for his day today but I know his  mom is off so I'm sure they'll do something special. It seems odd not to be baking a cake for him this year.

Our weather is just a carbon copy of the past two years - a little bit of snow when the kids arrived and then it turned to rain and they ended up having to stay inside almost the entire time they were here. If they come in February they'll enjoy it much more, especially if we have as much snow as we had last year!

After a lengthy day from early Tuesday morning till noon Wednesday, Lloyd finally got here. I picked him up at the airport on my lunch, we went to Subway and had a sandwich and then he was off home to have a nap. He was back at 5:00 to pick me up and that was the extent of his first day here.

It's my turn to bring the treats today so I spent the evening after supper baking and icing cupcakes. They turned out alright and I had previously piped little Toyota logos out of red  'chocolate'.  I know, I have way too much free time on my hands!  We had been talking last week about bringing treats in for the holidays so Jodi, Michelle and I decided we should coordinate things so we didn't have a feast  one day and famine the next. So today is my turn.





The big news is Jana is home. Her blog yesterday had a picture of her leaving the hospital. She'll be much happier surrounded by her own things and her family. They always put up this huge tree, I think it's about 15 tall because the family room has a two storey ceiling. She also put in a picture of that. The family has her house all ready for her to come home. This will be one Christmas she will never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment