Thursday, December 8, 2011

Thursday, December 8th- a new approach to the mouse wars

 
 


Conditions at 6:00 am: 7' and heading for a rainy high of 9' - the radio is still telling us to expect 100 km/hr winds but the weather network is only predicting 25 km/hr. We'll see who's right later in the day

The little furniture didn't come with it but I know where to find some!
Okay, I have a new approach to the mouse problem. Yesterday I went to Home Depot and Canadian Tire and found several types of mouse traps that only trap but don't kill the mouse in question. I purchased two different types and we'll see if they work. If they do, I will release the little rodents outside but a little ways down the road in a wooded area. ( I know, I should have done that with the other one sooner rather than later). But we'll see how they work. I didn't actually set them until about 1:00 this morning so that didn't give them much time to find them. We'll see what happens over the next few nights.



Option # 2 - the mouse goes in after the bait but can't get back out. Let's hope it works.
I was talking to Lloyd on Tuesday and asked if he'd read the blog about my mouse experience as I was surprised not to have heard a peep from him - not even a sarcastic remark. Turns out he was speechless - he says he had absolutely no idea what to day - now he also thinks I'm somewhat of a lunatic but then he already KNEW that!



I was talking with Patti yesterday and we're trying best to figure out our plan for next week. The kids have a speedskating meet on the weekend in Clarington. It's not the closest and I don't know what exactly will be happening on Saturday so we'll have to play that one by ear. I'll talk to Lloyd this morning and see what his thoughts are for Saturday. I'm hopeful that I can get in to see Jana on Thursday and hopefully again on Saturday.  The kids are likely going to take Friday off school and we were thinking we'll call that Christmas Day. I suggested to her that we all go out for dinner in the evening but she's pretty sure the kids will want me to cook dinner, along with their help, of course. She has to work until 1:30 (she'g going to Florida for the morning) and should be home by mid afternoon. The kids and I can spend the day making dinner and maybe some treats.  I'm pretty sure Meghan will want to make some peanut butter balls and James will want a lemon pie.  It's going to be a busy day and I can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. A school holiday in Ontario because Grandma comes to visit. Boy hope you feel important. Bernie bought his mousetrap at Agro Co-op yesterday. I just checked the invoice. His came with Peanut butter cups. He said the salesman said the trap wouldn't work without them.

    ReplyDelete