Monday, December 12, 2011

Monday, December 12th - 3 more sleeps!

 
 
 


Conditions at 5:30 am: -1 and clear skies heading for a high of +4' but the breeze will make it feel like -1'

I had no idea what the temperature was yesterday as I never had the radio on but it was windy and sunny and it sure felt cold. This morning I checked the last 24 hours on the Weather Network and apparently it was -6' at noon with a wind chill of -12". It looked lovely from inside with the bright sun but it was chilly outside. The only time I spent outside was bringing in wood and that was warm work so I didn't notice so much but my fingers were pretty cold by the time I was finished, even with gloves on. It would, however, have been a nice day to go into the woods. It's always so much calmer in the trees where you're sheltered from the wind. However I chose not to do that yesterday.  I think I'm quickly running out of time to collect branches in the woods. Oh well, next year.

In Brenda's absence I did manage to get a few things done that really needed doing, that I've been putting off. Things like cleaning out the freezer or at least sorting through and arranging things so I know what's in there. I did manage to get rid of a few things that should have been gone a long time ago. I also had a big pile of papers that were hanging around out in the porch which needed sorting through and either tossed or filed. Thankfully that job also got done. So when I look around it doesn't look like I did that much but just those two things took up most of my morning. Of course it doesn't help that I didn't get up until 9:00.

Saturday morning was relatively productive as I was able to finish writing and addressing my Christmas cards and when I got to the store, I pick up stamps and they are on their way to their chosen recipients. One more thing I can cross off my list.  I only worked at the store from 3:00 to 7:00 so after I picked up a few things and headed home. I had emailed my friend Mireille earlier in the week to see if she wanted to catch a bite to eat after I was finished but I didn't hear back from her so I suspect she may be away for the holidays. Her family lives in Quebec and she has no one here, so she's probably started her holidays early!

Other than baking a couple of batches of cookies yesterday, I spent the bulk of the late afternoon and evening either talking on the phone or watching TV snuggled up on the couch with Cooper. He does love Sundays!

All in all a slow but mildly productive weekend. I can't believe that I'm away next weekend and then the next one is Christmas. I had lots of things I was going to do for Christmas this year but the bottom line is if they aren't done now, they likely aren't going to get done. Not to worry. I suspect we'll have another Christmas NEXT year!

No comments:

Post a Comment