Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Wednesday, December 28th - time to go back to work

Conditions at 5:45 am: +3' and overcast, heading for 7' and 10 - 15 mm of rain throughout the day

Yes, I slept in this morning so it will be a short post this morning.
We went into town yesterday to do a bit of shopping. Fortunately they don't have after Christmas sales at the grocery store. It was actually pretty quiet there but the other stores were crazy. We went to Canadian Tire and it wasn't so bad but the others had very full parking lots so we stayed away. We didn't really need anything anyway. The last thing I need in this house is more 'stuff'.

We came home and got supper going for last night. We had our neighbours over for dinner as a thank you for looking after Cooper when I was at the store. We had a lovely evening but I was very tired by the end of the day. Just knowing I had to get up earlier in the morning made me tired I think.

I haven't heard from the kids yet. They were leaving yesterday morning for a hockey tournament in Ottawa. We saw on the TV the night before that region was heading for some nasty weather so I'm going on the assumption that no news is good news. I know they'll be very busy when they get there.

Tonight is going to be a quieter night with a movie in town with the Van Gaals. Looking forward to that.

Well, better get going. Not to worry, most of the people who usually read this are away from home anyway.

1 comment:

  1. Hi A note to Patty Thanks for picking up that very cool Harley shirt from San Francisco for your Mom. Everyone will be jealous when I get to wear it next summer. I hope I'll actually get there myself someday. I think I will have to link my future travel plans to where my gifted Harley shirts have come from. Hope the fingers of all those Lego builders are recovering from overuse Happy Holidays to you Greg, James Meghan(2) and Tristan.

    ReplyDelete