Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Wednesday, December 7th - a slow news day

Conditions at 5:30 am: 7' and overcast right now but it has rained and will continue to rain most of the day and reach a high of 9' - not exactly typical December weather.

Last night on the news they were showing people out on the golf courses Monday and Tuesday. How bizarre is that? I suspect there's a real possibility we'll have a green Christmas but then it is over two weeks away and a lot can change in that time. Look at us today - and two weeks ago today we received 20 cms of snow.

Well, the mouse story had a bit of a twist yesterday. As I was sitting at the kitchen table, what did I see but a mouse (probably mighty mouse)  wiggle it's way out of the floor register right beside my feet. Then it nonchalantly scampered right past me and under the porch door. So it's out there again, somewhere. I didn't set the trap out there last night but placed it on the counter instead. This morning there were no victims so I suppose it will have to go out there tonight. As much as I hate to, I'm going to have to, unless I can find a live trap of some sort. I'll have to investigate that today at the hardware store on my lunch hour.

Other than that, not much to report. My friend Jana is in good spirits. I've been reading her blog and she has lots of support and love around her and she's keeping positive. It's somewhat infectious. I had a terrible day on Monday as she filled my thoughts but yesterday I was back to myself and feeling that there will be a good  outcome to this whole thing.

Last night I spent quite a bit of time cleaning up around the house - stupid stuff I should have done ages ago - like clean off the top of the fridge, which tends to collect everything under the sun, as well as the kitchen counter. Now I actually have empty horizontal surfaces.  Laurie won't recognize it when she comes in to feed the dog tonight. I'm working tonight, Friday and Saturday afternoon. Then I'm finished at the store. I'll be going away next week and then when I get back on the 18th, it's only 3 days until Lloyd arrives so I need to spend some time getting ready for Christmas. Not that there's lots to do - I'll have taken all my gifts with me when I go to Toronto and all that will remain are Lloyd's so other than a bit of baking, there's not much to do but just general tidying up. It's hard to believe it's coming up so quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment