Friday, December 30, 2011

Friday, December 30th - Great job, James!

Conditions at 5:15 am: -9 and overcast but the 60 km winds make it feel like -19'
Yesterday morning when I checked the weather they were predicting all kinds of snow. When I checked it later in the day it was totally changed. It appears the milder weather may not bring as much snow as originally thought. That works until everyone who's travelling gets to where they need to go after the holidays.


Well, I know one young boy who must be so thrilled. Ever since he was very little and watched hockey with his dad (a die-hard leaf fan), James has been a fan of the Ottawa Senators. When he was younger just the thought of someone going through the Ottawa airport brought delight to his eyes at the thought that the person travelling might accidentally see a member of the Ottawa team. He's also been lucky enough to attend some Senator games.

The inscription on the back

This week the whole family is in Ottawa for a big hockey tournament. Well, I got an email from Patti last night with a couple of pictures. James scored a goal and got two assists in the game and was given an award for being the hardest working player in the game.The most special part is it's from the Ottawa Senators. I don't know who gave it to him but if it was one of the team members, he'd be ecstatic. I know he'll be very proud of this one!
Well done James. I can't wait to talk to him about it.

I mentioned the other night that it was a little disappointing that there were no games while I was in Guelph. I haven't seen him play in a long time. Then Brenda suggested we should tell them to bring their whole team down here sometime. They have at least one major tournament each year with dozens of teams coming from all over. Now that would be fun - at least for the grandma! (Just in case you need it, here's where to find the information  http://spud.goalline.ca/page.php?page_id=19993 )

Last night was spent looking at recipes, setting the table for tonight's feast (yes, more food) and for some unknown reason, consuming vast quantities of wine. But I feel fine this morning, which is a BIG  surprise to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment