Friday, January 13, 2012

Friday, January 13th

Conditions at 5:30 am: 1' and a bit windy, heading for 7' and rain later this afternoon.

On first glimpse this morning outside the back door, it doesn't appear we received nearly the snowfall they were predicting although it's hard to tell from there. The wind usually takes the snow from the back and blows it off to the side, but I don't think it's so bad. We'll see later when I get out onto the road.
 It appears the interest in owning lighthouses continues. This morning folks from Burlington, Calgary and Saskatoon have come in via my post inquiring about lighthouse purchases. Who knew people in the prairies want lighthouses!

 In my never ending (or so it seems) quest for some storage in my downstairs bathroom, I think I've finally found the solution. I was in a store in the mall the other day and saw a cupboard that I thought might work. So I brought in a tape measure and it would fit but it would be a bit tight, and it was also a bit more money than I was prepared to spend right now. Then a few days later out comes the Staples flyer with almost the exact same style of cabinet for about one third of the price. So again I take the measurements and this one is slightly smaller, making it a much better fit. That was last night's project as it came flat packed in a small box. But I've put together enough Ikea furniture over the years to have become fairly adept at " assembly required" . I'm so far quite pleased with it and it looks much better than what was there before.

But one thing I did note when I was putting things away in my new shelf. I have no choice but to tell Lloyd we need to get a divorce. One of the perks of having gotten married three times is that you always have new towels. You have a bridal shower and people give you new towels. It's been almost 23 years this time and I have to say, the towels are getting a little tired! I suppose I could just go and buy new ones, but I've never had to do that before!!!

I talked to Brenda last night after her meeting and the tulip truck driver should be home sometime today. He had to drive in snow all day yesterday and saw a lot of cars off the road in the ditch but he and his tulips just kept trucking along the highway, but he was mighty glad to get off the road for the night. I know the weather can be pretty brutal in those New England states sometimes in the winter.

Well, I'd best go for now and get ready for work. I'm still working on my submission for the TV show and I've got 5 episodes set to tape this afternoon. If the weather is crappy on the weekend we can watch those.

1 comment: