Friday, January 6, 2012

Friday, January 6th - it's another windy one this morning

Conditions at 5:15 am: -8' and windy, but it's going to get colder as the day progresses, to -10' but of course the wind will make it feel much colder.

Yesterday afternoon we got a couple of inches of snow, and it appears we'll get a couple more over night tonight. Perhaps this is the way we'll get the snow this year - a little at a time. That would be fine as far as driving is concerned. It was a little slippery last night driving home but the snow had stopped falling so visibility was not an issue. When I arrived home  and got out of the car, it was an absolutely gorgeous evening. The temperature was hovering just around the freezing mark and the wind and snow had stopped. There was a brilliant moon and if we'd had enough snow, it would have been a splendid evening to go skiing. Brenda even remarked on how lovely it was when I chatted with her later in the evening.

So, I talked to Lloyd last night and he's signed up for a pottery course. Guess he happened upon a place that's teaching in downtown Guelph yesterday, and he went in and the rest is history. So now it's up to me to decide what I'd like him to make. The lady he spoke with tells him he should be able to complete approximately 20 pieces by the end of the course. We'll have to go to the farmer's market when he's here next month and have a look around. Maybe I'll go this Saturday before work and see if I can take some photos of pieces to give us some ideas of what we'd like.

Not much else is new this morning. It was a quiet evening last night. I made supper, sat and watched the news while I ate, cleaned up the dishes (my new years resolution - to not leave them till the next day) and then got into my fuzzy pj's and watched a bit of TV. I have the Christmas stuff to put away but I have to do that during the day time as there are no light fixtures in the room they go in and the lamp just isn't enough light. I need to get right into the cupboard and straighten things up before I can put the rest away. That's maybe a Saturday afternoon job. Meanwhile the Christmas stuff is all in boxes at the bottom of the stairs. Oh well, it will get done eventually. It is only the 6th of January, and I know lots of people leave their tree and everything up until now.

No comments:

Post a Comment