Friday, January 20, 2012

Friday, January 20th - maybe a bit of snow tonight?

Conditions at 5:20 am: -7' and overcast and no wind, heading for a high of -1' and flurries this afternoon and evening, maybe up to 5 cm by the time it's over tonight.

It's so strange to open the door in the morning to let the dog out and to see bare ground everywhere. Yesterday at lunch I went to the mall and the big field behind it is where the Jack Frost event is being held but right now it's just a bare field of dead grass. When I got to the corner yesterday there was a snow making machine cranking out snow. But when I got past there to the mall and looked over, it just looked so futile - this big empty field with not a bit of snow and one little machine at the far end. Now that's what I call optimistic (or desperate). I wished I had my camera with me but I took a photo with my phone. If you look closely you can see the snow maker at the far end. It's got quite a lot of work to do. Hopefully Mother Nature will cooperate over the next 4 weeks.


One of the guys at work was complaining yesterday because he drives the big loader we have on hand for clearing the snow. He really enjoys getting out there and playing in the snow and pushing it around - not to mention the overtime hours that comes with making sure the lot is clear in time for us to all arrive at 7:30. Needless to say it hasn't seen much action yet this year. But it's still early yet. I'm sure his opportunity will arrive soon.  But I can't say I'm not enjoying driving back and forth to work on clear, dry roads.

It's another slow news day so I'll end with this little clip I came across yesterday. There's a coffee commercial on TV that has a website posted so I wandered over there to see what it was all about and came across this. It brought back such fond memories of when Patti was a baby as well as her three kids. What is it about a baby's laughter that is so infectious?  I had tears rolling down my face I was laughing so much and for absolutely no reason. Click here and you'll soon see what I mean...

http://www.youtube.com/embed/gnagemulucw

Have a great weekend everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment