Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Tuesday, January 17th - Today I'm feeling the exercise

Conditions at 5:30 am: -3' and overcast, heading for a high of -1' and a mix of sun and cloud. We were meant to get a bit of snow overnight but it doesn't appear that we did, as my little back patio is bare and dry this morning.

Much pleasanter temperatures this morning. Yesterday was SOOO cold. But it was sunny so that made it much better. Tomorrow is supposed to be +5' and rain - how crazy is that?

My legs weren't too bad yesterday from walking on Sunday, but today I can really feel it. I'd forgotten that it's usually the second day when it hits me after I've over done it a bit. Obviously my body is trying to tell me to do more!

So yesterday, I went over to Walmart at lunch to get some photos printed for my scrapbooking. While I was waiting, I went for a walk through the store and found a great cookbook.  It's all mini desserts made in dishes like the ones I got for Christmas. There are some really interesting things in there that I want to try. We have a pot luck coming up with the cooking school girls so I think I might do an assortment of mini desserts so we can try several things.

Last night Brenda came over and we watched five episodes of Come Dine with Me Canada. She hadn't seen the show before. I watched some episodes on Sunday for the first time in a long time. Meghan (1) watched the same ones I watched on Sunday and we all agree I likely won't be picked as I'm not wacky or eccentric enough. These people are crazy!!! But I'm going to send in my questionaire anyway and we'll see what happens. Who knows, they might be impressed with someone who sets the table on fire during a fondue.

While we watched TV we munched on bruscetta and washed it down with some white wine. I had some left over grated cheese and chopped green onions in the fridge so all I needed was a tomato and a baguette and we had a yummy snack. Brenda arrived with crackers and goat cheese so we put that in the fridge till next time - probably tonight. We may actually do a bit of scrapbooking tonight or at least get ourselves organized.


1 comment:

  1. The people from the shows on Sunday definitely were a bit out there but hopefully they aren't looking for that in PEI so you can get picked!! Your fondue story and your story of moving to PEI is neat so hopefully that will stick out to them!

    ReplyDelete