Thursday, January 19, 2012

Thursday, January 19th - all is quiet this morning

Conditions at 5:30 am: -11' with a -18' windchill,  light winds and clear skies

It was a cold and windy night last night. Brenda came over and we could hear the wind howling outside and it was very cold but it doesn't seem to be as intense this morning as predicted. Yesterday they were predicting wind chills of -28',  so -18' doesn't seem so bad! The wind has died down, finally, after roaring around all night long. Surprisingly everything seems to be okay this morning, although it's a little too dark to tell right now. The wood shelter is still standing, and for me that's the most important one!

We did a little work last night. Brenda spent the evening getting organized and going through pictures to decide what colours of paper she needs. It takes a while to get your head into it after a long time away and to get the creative juices flowing. But she'll get there. I did some work on my sunflower pages but didn't accomplish a lot. The nice part is we can just leave everything where we left off and pick it up again the next time.

I talked to Lloyd yesterday morning and he had his first pottery class on Tuesday night and from the sounds of it he really enjoyed it. I told him there's a kiln for sale in Charlottetown on the online ads, so I won't be surprised if he goes looking at it now that he's got the bug. Next week he'll be trying the wheel - that will be a different experience for him.

Other than that it's a pretty quiet time right now. Not a lot going on but after the hustle and bustle before Christmas that's a good thing.  I'll leave you this morning with a little funny that Lloyd sent me.


  
 
    
To help save the economy, the Government will announce
next
 month that the Immigration Department will start deporting
seniors
 (instead of illegal’s) in order to lower Social Security
and medicare costs.
              
Older people are easier to catch and will not remember
how to
 get back home. 
I started to cry when I thought of you.                      
Then it dawned on me .. oh, crap ...
I'll see you on the bus!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment