Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Tuesday, January 31st - another windy morning but still no snow

Yesterday they predicted up to 5 cm of snow. Well, that hasn't happened as yet but maybe on Wednesday. It's 5:30 and the Weather Network says the wind is 15 km/hr but it's much stronger out here. I heard it howling all night long. It's a chilly -12' right now but the wind makes it feel like -19'. We're heading for a high of -10' today but we should get some sunshine

Last night Brenda headed out to her exercise class but no one else was there so she came over early. We got right to work on our scrapbooking and she finished 4 pages. I, on the other hand, only finished 2. But we made a bit of progress and she's totally getting the hang of it. It's nice to have someone else in the room when you're working. We're both doing our own thing and sometimes there's no conversation as we're both deep in thought about what we're doing but it's not as lonely as working by yourself. It's also nice to have someone else to bounce ideas off and to offer an alternate suggestion.

Today after work I'm going for a Therapeutic Massage on my neck and shoulders. It's been bothering me for the past couple of days so yesterday I made some calls and found a place close to work that has later appointments. I haven't had a massage since I left Guelph and there have been a few times I've longed for the pain that only Yvonne could inflict. It was sometimes quite uncomfortable at the time but boy did it do the trick. I  know I will spend the day eagerly anticipating that feeling again.

On Sunday when we were out on the trail in Suffolk, we came across a tree that had blown down. The roots were massive so we had to take a picture. This is the underside of the roots and the tree is lying on the ground behind. Amazing

No comments:

Post a Comment