Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Wednesday, January 18th - a little snowy but nothing serious

Conditions at 5:20 am: 1' and overcast with about an inch of new snow on the ground. The rain hasn't started yet but is due to any time now. This afternoon is going to be +5' and sunny so that won't be hard to live with.

Pretty slow news day today. I'm still working on my submission for the TV show. I've watched several episodes now as I set my PVR to tape all. It's given me some more ideas of things I can put into my questionnaire. It's turning out to be a lengthy process but I only get one shot at this so it's got to be good. I did hear that response has been very good so....

I picked up my pictures at Walmart yesterday and I think I'm back into scrapbooking mode again. I finished off the photos from the Capital Cup win and then I sorted the photos from James' trip in August. But that was as far as I got. I had three pictures that I wanted to do a page with but no ideas were coming to me.It was 10:00 so I went to bed instead. Then very early before the alarm went off the ideas started coming to me and by the time I got up the page was all planned. So as soon as I got up I went into the craft room and sketched on a piece of paper my ideas so I won't forget. It may change a bit still but at least the skeleton of the idea is there and I've got somewhere to start.

I received an email yesterday from my friend Jolene. The last time I saw here was when she and Lina were here in May. She had bariatric surgery in October. She sent a photo and with a new haircut and 50 pounds lighter she looks absolutely wonderful. She says she still has about 40 pounds to go but she looks and sounds on top of the world. She has some challenges coming up in her life, but a few are behind her and with her new confidence and healthier body she'll be able to meet them head on. Way to go, Jolene!

It certainly seems like yesterday was a day for reconnecting with old friends, or so it seems. In the morning I received an email from a girl in Ontario who I don't know really well but we were in IAAP together.  I received an message via Linked In and it was really nice to hear from her. Than last night Fran called from Rockwood. They've invited Lloyd out for supper on Sunday night. I'm ever so pleased to hear that. I was feeling quite badly that it's Lloyd's 60th birthday and I won't be there to help celebrate it but it looks like that's taken care of, so thanks very much Fran, I truly appreciate it.

Brenda was going to come over last night but she's not going away this week as planned so we'll do some work another night. Son Will is leaving on Sunday for Alberta for a few months to work in the Seismic field. So she's spending some time with him and getting his stuff all ready to go. This will be a new experience for him but I'm sure he'll do well. The kids today have the technology to keep in touch instantly, not like when our generation left home. A phone call home once a week was pretty much all the communications you had. Now there is email and texting, facebook and twitter so that connection is never lost - unless you want it to be, I suppose. Anyway, best of luck to Will on his new adventure.

Well, the snow plough has just gone past for the second time so I know the road is clear on both sides so I guess it's off to work. At this rate we won't get any snow days at all!




No comments:

Post a Comment