Friday, January 27, 2012

Friday, January 27th - we're in for some weather today - a bit of everything

The weather forecast for the next 24 hours has a mix of everything-snow, ice pellets, freezing rain, rain...
It's -8'  right now and expected to go to  -3' before the snow starts around lunch time and continues all afternoon. All week they've been telling us we're getting 10 to 15 cm of snow and now this morning it's saying 5 cm, followed by 10 - 15 mm of rain overnight. The morning temperature should be +1'. Not exactly what we hope for on the ski trails.

A quiet night last night. I got home and finished the last of the split pea soup from the weekend, then baked some bran muffins to keep in the freezer for my lunches.
Yesterday at lunch I sat upstairs at an empty desk in the office and it was great. Everyone else went for lunch and I had a nice quiet spot to enjoy my lunch and read a book. This will work fine, thank you.
My previous choice had been to go to the staff lunch room but the mechanics come up there at the same time so it's quite a noisy spot so I've been avoiding it. But now I've found a new spot to get away to.

Tonight we're having moose steak for supper at the Van Gaals. I found a recipe for a white wine and juniper berry cream sauce to go with it. It should be good and it will be a new adventure. We'll let you know how it turns out.  While I was at the computer I added the recipe for some cookies that have turned out to be a popular item. Click here for the recipe for Oatmeal and Date Filled Cookies.

I received a new email from the Dennison's on Tuesday although I haven't heard the final outcome yet:


Hi guys,


Guelph just advanced with a 3-2 win over burlington(in overtime) and milton in a 6 game round robin series.  James helped with an assiast and of course the overtime winner AGAIN!  He still gets pretty excited!!
Sent from my BlackBerry device on the Rogers Wireless Network


Well done, James!

And for your morning smile, here is an clip I received  from Brenda that's just a little too close for comfort:

http://www.tomrush.com./video_remember.html

1 comment:

  1. Congrats James. I don't think he is the only one excited!!Proud Dad.

    ReplyDelete