Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Tuesday, January 10th

Conditions at 6:00 am: -4' and a few clouds, heading for a high of +2' and a mix of sun and cloud and maybe a few flurries tonight.

If today is anything like yesterday, it will be a gorgeous day. It was cool yesterday but the sun shone brightly all day and it was lovely. Last night was a very bright moon lighting up the night. Brenda had fitness class and thought about coming over on her way home and going for a walk. We really should have, it was that nice out. But alas, we didn't. I spent the evening finishing up the craft room and it is now ready to work in. Or at least I think it is. You can never tell for sure until you actually try it out so that's what I'm going to do tonight. I'm going to do a few pages to see if the set up works. I really hope it does, it's so much more fun to work with other people than to do it alone.

Patti called last night and we were chatting about that very thing. She has a space but it doesn't get used for scrapbooking. Maybe when Meghan gets a bit bigger they can do it together. Much like Patti and I used to do at retreats. Those are some very fond memories.

We thought we'd set this up to keep us occupied during the long winter evenings but so far we're having trouble fitting it in. There's always something going on, or so it seems but I'm sure we'll work it out. I feel like I've made all these plans to deal with the long snowy winter again this year but so far it's not happening. It's really been quite a remarkable year so far, but it is early, and  I know it will arrive eventually. But it's also nice to see the days getting a little longer already. A sure sign that spring is just around the corner!!!

I'm always amazed at where visitors come in from and how they get to this site. I know that a string of words will pull up unexpected results but who knew how many people want to buy a lighthouse?  I was surprised this morning to see visitors from Alberta, British Columbia and Manitoba, as well as Ontario who arrived via my post about buying a lighthouse. I'll bet they were somewhat let down when they got here! Not quite what they were expecting, I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment