Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Wednesday, January 11th

Conditions at 5:25: -8' with howling winds making it feel like -17'. A few flurries have fallen and the conditions will pretty much stay as they are for the remainder of the day.

It's going to be a windy ride for Bernie this morning, who is off to Boston in his Tulip Truck. He's doing some part time driving this winter for a local tulip producer and will be making trips to Halifax and Montreal, as well as Boston throughout the winter. (as long as he can get across the bridge, that is!). Safe journey, Bernie.

Well, I see the interest in light houses is still there. This morning I note that visitors from Adelaide, Australia, Calgary, Alberta and Portland, Oregon are looking into buying them. Who knew?

So, last night I road tested the new craft area and it seems to work just fine. I was having trouble getting motivated to get started and then I realized it was the subject matter that wasn't that interesting. Working on pages from a trip 3 years ago just doesn't seem that inspiring then I decided, hey, why not work on something a little more recent. So I started on a few pages about James' 15 minutes of hockey stardom. From there I'll work back and do his visit in the summer, then I'll work on Tristen's visit at Easter and Meghan's trip to see Taylor Swift. By that time I should be ready to start again on the vacation pictures. I just needed something to get me jump started. I'm having some trouble with the cricut but I think it's because I've totally forgotten how to use it.  I suppose I'll have to get the manual out and do some reading. The software is giving me some grief  as well, so I'll stop in to the local scrapbooking store and ask them because they  sell both the machines and the software and sometimes have classes on how to use them. It has, after all, been over three years since I actually used it to any extent. (But I will check the Cricut website first as it has lots of information there - when all else fails, read the instructions, right?)
But I think the space will work fine. The work space is good but not overly big so we'll have to work as cleanly as we can. I'm more of a stuff all over the table kind of scrapper and every so often you have to stop and put everything away and then start again. I'll have to be more diligent about putting things away as I use them. Shouldn't be a problem with the storage drawers right beside us. Just a matter of developing some better work habits. But I'm looking forward to having someone to work with. I think it will be fun. And at least I've gotten going again. Thanks James, for being the inspiration I needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment