Thursday, January 12, 2012

Thursday, January 12th - What do you cook for TV?

Conditions at 5:20 am: -13' and clear skies, heading for a high of -4' and up to 10 cm of snow, changing to rain by tomorrow morning - could get messy!

So, the big news right now is the TV show Come Dine With Me, which is typically shot in the Toronto area, is coming to PEI! There was a lengthy article in the paper yesterday morning and after seeing it I almost immediately sent off an email to apply to be one of the contestants. I had only just sent the email when I received a text message from Brenda asking if I was going to apply! A few hours later I called the number listed just to ensure my email had been received. I was told by this very nice lady that I would be sent a questionnaire to fill out. Sure enough a short time later, I received a three page document to complete and send back. I had no idea the questions would be so extensive but there has to be some way of cutting the applications down to a manageable size. (I'm curious to know how many people from the island will apply). Anyway it has a lot of questions about you and your personality. It's quite an in depth look at your likes and dislikes, accomplishments and failures, attitudes and opinions. I've asked for some feedback from some key people I know will be brutally honest with me (and that's a good thing!). I think that's what woke me up at 3:30 this morning, just thinking about some of the answers I might give.  It's going to be a long few days until I complete it and send it off. I probably won't get picked but if I did, it would be an awesome experience! What the heck, I have as good a chance as anyone. They're interested in your story and I think mine is somewhat unusual. Wish me luck! Here'e the article that was in yesterday's paper...


Come Dine With Me Canada coming to P.E.I.

Published on January 10, 2012  


The province is investing $35,000-$40,000 to help cover costs over and above the regulation production costs.


The Prince Edward Island government hopes a menu of hit TV shows will help deliver new customers to the Island province's doors in the weeks and months ahead.
Fresh on the heels of international exposure from Will and Kate in 2011 and Regis and Kelly in 2010, the W Network has announced its top-rated show Come Dine With Me Canada is coming to Prince Edward Island.
The P.E.I. government is investing $35,000 to $40,000 to help cover the costs of taking the show out of Toronto, where it is normally taped.
"Through this investment, an audience of more than a million viewers will get a taste of what Prince Edward Island has to offer as a premier tourism destination," Tourism Minister Robert Henderson said Tuesday.
"Not only is it the highest-rated show of its kind in Canada, the audience fits the key demographics we strive to reach when promoting our province."
Come Dine With Me Canada is a half-hour series that follows five strangers as they compete to throw the perfect dinner party for their fellow amateur chefs.

Each dinner party host is given one night to impress their party attendees and competitors with scrumptious food, sparkling décor and stimulating conversation.
At the end of the night, each diner rates the party.
The next night, it's another mouth-watering meal at another host's home, once again, the dinner-party marathoners rate the night.
At the end of the week, the top rated host or hostess wins the reward of $1,000 and bragging rights as the ‘host with the most'.
Amy Hosking, the show's producer, said she's never been to Prince Edward Island. She's excited to be heading to the Island for her first visit.
Come Dine With Me Canada is the highest-rated lifestyle show in Canada, averaging 1.4 million viewers every week.
"We really want to look at the local flavour and the people," said Hosking, who added she's a big fan of Stompin' Tom and the Island's red soil.
"I was reading the other day about Irish moss. I want somebody to make that. It's something different that we haven't seen."
To apply to be on the show, send an email to: comedinewithme@propertelevision.com or call,             1-866-598-2591 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting            1-866-598-2591      end_of_the_skype_highlighting      .
It's open to anybody 19 years old or older who loves to entertain.
Producers from the show will meet 20 of the best candidates mid- February in P.E.I. That will then be dwindled down to either five or 10.
The show will be taped over the summer and will feature scenic shots from across the Island.
It will then air in the spring of 2013.
"Even if you aren't up to the challenge we all know someone who is a great host, pass the word on to them, they might be interested in competing," added Hosking.



Last night Brenda and I went to Papa Joe's for supper. We both had gift certificates courtesy of the Community School and a pleasant evening was enjoyed. Good food, good company and a little wine doesn't hurt either! The only down side was having to go out and get into cold cars at the end and it was COLD! This morning isn't much improved but it's supposed to go up to 7' tomorrow. How bizarre is this?

Well, I'm keeping it short this morning - got to get back to work on my submission for TV!

No comments:

Post a Comment