Friday, August 10, 2012

Freday, August 10th - okay, now this is getting really boring (even more so than usual)

It's a pleasant 20' this morning with a few clouds. The high today will only be 25' and feel like 30'. Yesterday was probably the hottest day so far, at least if the amount of complaining by the other staff is an indication. I don't think some of them could handle the heat that other areas receive. I guess it's just because they really aren't used to this. When I went out at 2:00 for lunch there was a slight breeze but that was quickly compensated for by the heat radiating off the pavement. That's one of the reasons I love living in the country - you don't have that hot, hard surface to add to the discomfort level.

However,  I should be grateful for this weather. If it wasn't for the weather, I'd really have absolutely nothing to talk about!  Brenda and Bernie are still busy with their company but I think they might be leaving today?  Tomorrow I'm in cleaning mode as Lina arrives tomorrow afternoon.  I'm taking her to Crowbush on Sunday afternoon for a tour but it's supposed to rain so not sure if a bike ride will be possible for Brenda and I or not. Lloyd mentioned that he saw Bernie yesterday in at the shop, and they talked about maybe going for a longer run on Sunday but it will depend on the weather. They've predicted rain many times in the past couple of weeks that really hasn't amounted to much, so we'll have to play that one by ear.

I finished cutting the lawn last night when I got home - or at least the tall spindly weeds because the grass sure hasn't grown any. Patrick didn't arrive yesterday as hoped, so maybe today will be the day. I was trying to tidy up around the place but I know once he gets here, it's going to look a lot worse but then at least it's a construction site, rather than just messy. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

I haven't heard from the campers since Monday so I'm assuming they're having a great time - no news is good news. They may get some rain today but it wouldn't be the annual McLean family camping trip without some rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment