Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Wednesday, August 15th - still hot and humid and more to come

It seems like the only thing anyone talks about is the weather and I guess I'm no exception. It was very warm again yesterday and last evening  I found it was getting a little too much.  It just seems to wear you down after a while.
But I really shouldn't complain at all because I sat in air conditioned comfort all day. Well maybe comfort isn't the right word for it as I have to wear a sweater while sitting at my desk. The trouble with it being so cool inside is that you really feel the heat when you go outside. But I suspect that Brenda spent most of the day outside painting in that heat. She must have been totally done in by the end of the day.  I'll have to call her this morning and see how she managed.

This morning it's 19' and foggy. We should reach 26' with humidity making it feel like 30' but that's a little cooler than it was yesterday. We may get a bit of rain this morning and a chance of thundershowers this afternoon.


Monday evening when we got home, as I mentioned yesterday, there was a hole in our yard. Well, actually it wasn't really a hole so much as a large mound of dirt where the hole had been dug. Really  just the topsoil had been scraped off and new stuff brought in. This was the sight on Monday.


Then on Tuesday Patrick came back and flattened it all out and this is the delightful sight that greeted us when we got home on Thursday.

The site of the future "Pisquid Airport Lounge !"

Now it's all ready to be built on. All we need now is the time to do it. Lloyd is finding it really difficult to work six days a week, especially when he has to work until 4:00 on Saturday. I think he has a better appreciation for the struggle I had on my own to keep up with things before he got here.  That's been much easier this year with the dry weather. My biggest challenge used to be the grass cutting but that's really been a none issue this year.  I'm sure he thought I was exaggerating but I think he gets it now.

But we will get there.  Things will eventually fall into place - they always do.

1 comment:

  1. looking GOOD. Since I am painting the north side of the house I am in the shade till after 4:30 and by then the sun isn't as strong. Thankfully.

    ReplyDelete