Thursday, August 30, 2012

Thursday, August 30th - a busy day for Meghan

It's a cooler 13' again this morning but should rise to 25' later on. We may see some showers but not a lot of them if we do.

Patti sent me several pictures yesterday as progress was being made on Meghan's new room. Tristen has officially moved out to his  new room, which was previously occupied by James, and James has been relocated to the room in the basement. But he's pretty happy about that!

So first the walls needed to be painted, or at least finished, as I believe they had been started a little while ago.




It looks like she's wearing one of her dad's old T-shirts as a paint shirt. If she paints anything like her grandma, she needs a longer one, or she'll have paint all over her feet and legs!


Of course, everyone wanted to get in on the action...


Next the new shelves needed to be put together...






And finally a new cover for the top of an old  bench.



She's pretty handy, that girl!  Now I'm just waiting for some pictures of the completed project! She has a new bed that she says is 'magical' and big enough for me to share when I go up to visit.  I'm looking forward to that.  Of course, Papa will get to see the end result before I will as he'll be there this weekend.


Last night I stayed in town and waited for Lloyd to finish work and we went to Cedars and had something to eat. It was the first time Lloyd's been there to have a meal and he really enjoyed it. I'm sure we'll be back again, probably more than once I'm betting. He does enjoy Lebanese food.

Tonight it's me and Brenda's turn to go out. We're starting with something to eat in town and then heading out to Hunter River to see Valdy perform. It's been a while since we've had a chance to go anywhere together as it's been a pretty busy summer with visitors for both of us. This weekend will be pretty busy with the Rec Centre and she leaves for Holland next week. They're away almost 3 weeks - good thing Lloyd's here to keep me company now, cause that's a really long time to not have any friends to play with! 



No comments:

Post a Comment