Friday, August 3, 2012

Friday, August 3rd - maybe back to the heat today?

Well, the weather wasn't as hot and humid as predicted yesterday and we did receive quite a bit of shower activity in the afternoon. By 7:00 it was clear skies again. I was going to pull weed in the garden but I thought it was probably a bit muddy so I'll do that tonight.
Today should be hot and humid with lots of sunshine - a high of 27' with a humidex reading of 35'. Sounds like it could be a beach day for a lot of folks. We've had so much hot, dry weather all summer but I felt sorry for anyone who has only one week vacation and took it this week.d - the one week we end up with rain for two days. That could really ruin your beach time. But today should make up for that.

Once again, a quiet news day. Nothing much going on. We watched the rest of the movie we'd started watching the night before and then read for a while. Lloyd is still doing research on building for his garage. The fellow hasn't come by yet to level off the spot where it's going to be situated, but hopefully he'll make it soon so we can get started on it. I think this weekend my task will likely be to finally get started on splitting some of the wood. Fall will be here before we know it!

I don't know about Brenda, but she's busy with company and starting next weekend I'll be tied up for a few weeks as well. I'm beginning to experience withdrawal - I'm really needing some nachos and a glass of white wine! Oh well, there will be time enough to catch up with that once the fall comes. Winter lasts a long time!

I'm still planning, in my head, our corn roast when Judi and Gail are here. Lloyd and I need to sit down and discuss some of the logistics of it. I had planned to serve corn and mussels and keep it simple. Then I thought about it,  is as some folks either don't like mussels or have shellfish allergies so what to do? Then it hit me like a ton of bricks - BBQ sausage on a bun! I happen to personally know a sausage maker who could easily custom make sausages for the  1st annual Denny BBQ/Corn Roast.

That will be perfect! All I have to do now is finish up the guest list, let people know and then plan the rest from there. I already have a bunch of ideas floating around in my little pea brain and I think it's going to be GREAT!




No comments:

Post a Comment